It didn’t seem right to Clinton Shepherd that the birthplace of the Ferris wheel didn’t hold the record for the longest Ferris wheel ride. “I thought Chicago should have that title,” he said Sunday, after spending a record-shattering 48 hours, 8 minutes and 25 seconds awake riding Navy Pier’s iconic attraction.
City Hall has unveiled plans to build a new arena for DePaul basketball at McCormick Place, as part of larger plans to upgrade the convention center and redesign much of Navy Pier.
Mother’s Day is a great day for celebrating all your mother has done for you throughout the year. Make this year’s Mother’s Day extra special by taking your mother out for a great family experience in Chicago.
Police said the woman, who is in her 20s, was about to exit the #29/State bus at 500 E. Illinois St., near Navy Pier around 10:30 p.m. Monday.
Activist Sandra Fluke was the main honoree. The Georgetown University law school student became a household name last year when a talk show host called her a prostitute because she tried to lobby Congress for mandatory health care coverage of birth control.
Celebrate Easter Brunch at one of these five hot spot restaurants in Chicago.
Tulips are a sure sign of spring and they’re ready for their close-ups at the 2013 Chicago Flower & Garden Show at Navy Pier.
Are you newly engaged? Make your plans now to have your dream wedding at some of the Chicago area’s most stylish venues.
Spring is one of the most eagerly anticipated seasons in Chicago. What better activity to celebrate winter’s end than with an outdoor excursion to observe the blooming of spring flowers?
Many of those who attended the toast had special memories of meeting Caray while he was alive. Others recalled moving away from Chicago and watching him announce Cub games on cable, giving them a taste of home.
Cabin fever got you down? Get out and enjoy some of the best winter happenings Chicago has to offer. From sleepovers at the zoo to hockey at Soldier Field, here’s a round up of 5 things to do in the city this season.
New Year’s doesn’t necessarily strike people as being a family-friendly holiday in Chicago. However, there are many kid-friendly events that are perfect for youth of all ages.
It’s one of the scariest things for a parent to experience: not knowing what to do when your child starts choking.
With the Thanksgiving holiday already past, now is the time to really venture out and celebrate the festive season of lights. As Christmas day draws near, these recommended area attractions will bring much joy and peace to everyone in the family.
Hundreds of volunteers unloaded 1,600 Christmas trees from the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Mackinaw at Navy Pier on Saturday. The trees will go to families who can’t afford one.
Halloween and Christmas aren’t the only holidays with numerous activities for families in Chicago. Thanksgiving events and celebrations are a great way to enjoy the holiday with your family while spending quality time and giving thanks.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has welcomed word that the Chicago Children’s Museum has signed a new lease with Navy Pier, keeping it there through this century, but his office isn’t providing many details of the lease.
Navy Pier’s indoor shops, restaurants and attractions will remain open Tuesday.
Lucky for you, Chicago offers plenty of adult friendly events to satisfy your Halloween needs.
A group of Lincoln Park business owners is calling on state lawmakers to take a second look at a controversial 30-year old city tax levied on thousands of restaurants in and near downtown.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 9 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 9 hours ago