The Miami Heat’s 27-game winning streak was snapped Wednesday night by the Chicago Bulls, 101-97, when a furious comeback by LeBron James and his teammates fell short.
LeBron James held his index finger aloft, then turned and took a walk nine years in the making.
Owning a late first-round pick in the NBA draft is supposed to be a sign of success. Unless it’s due to a prescient trade, high picks are for last year’s losers.
Sometimes, it’s just a superstars’ time to finally win a championship. It happened a few years ago in Miami when Peyton Manning won his first Super Bowl title. It happened again as the final buzzer sounded in Game 5 of the NBA Finals and LeBron James was a champion of the world.
Now that the 2012 NBA Finals are over, it’s time to look back at some of the interesting stats and nuggets from the series that saw the Miami Heat capture its second NBA championship in the last six years.
Now that the Miami Heat are the 2012 NBA World Champions, all that’s left is to prepare for the championship parade.
It took around two years, but Thursday night after a completely dominating performance by the Miami Heat, LeBron James and the rest of the Big Three finally won the NBA Championship with a dominating 120-104 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Miami Heat forward Shane Battier has pulled off a feat not many athletes can claim in their career. When the Miami Heat hoisted the Larry O’Brien trophy as NBA champions, it marked the end of a long journey for Battier.
The Miami Heat white hot celebration went from the hard court, to the street, and then to two South Florida premiere hot spots.
James capped his title bid with 26 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds, Chris Bosh added 23 points, Dwyane Wade scored 20 points and the Heat finished off the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night, winning 121-106.
No team in NBA history has come back from a 3-1 series deficit to win the Finals. I wonder if Scott Brooks knows that and will do what’s worked and only what’s worked to try to salvage his team’s season.
The Miami Heat moved one game closer to it’s second NBA Championship Tuesday night at the AmericanAirlines Arena with a thrilling 104-98 victory in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
Every superstar who looks to cement a legacy and win a championship has a signature moment. Miami Heat superstar LeBron James needed that moment and he got it late in the fourth quarter of Game 4.
CBS Local Sports was able to get a look at Battier’s pregame playlist, and as expected, it’s the perfect mix of songs to inspire a veteran playing a for a title.
The Miami Heat have seen this act before and they are hoping for a much different outcome for the 2012 NBA Finals than what happened in the 2011 NBA Finals.
Last summer, the Miami Heat signed forward Shane Battier looking to bolster an already tough defense and hit a key 3-point shot or two in a game. Battier took a while to get warmed up, but as the playoffs have worn on; his game has started to hit a level not even he probably could have expected.
The Miami Heat stand just two victories away from placing another NBA Championship banner in the rafters of the AmericanAirlines Arena. The Heat know the final two wins will be the hardest of the season, but also know that style points don’t matter at this point.
The Heat have been here before, two wins from an NBA title. The difference now? LeBron James isn’t letting his head get in the way of his talent.
The Miami Heat needed everything they could get out of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Game 3 of the NBA Finals Sunday night. They got that and more as Wade and James combined for 54 points, 21 rebounds, and 10 assists and the team held off a late rally from the Thunder and took at 2-1 lead in the NBA Finals
The Miami Heat head back home Friday after a gritty performance in Game 2 saw the team even the series at one game apiece. It was another solid game from NBA MVP LeBron James and another great game from the unlikeliest of heroes, Shane Battier.
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.200
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!