The NBA announced Friday the Bulls will travel to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers at 4 p.m. on Dec. 25 on ABC.
The Score’s Jason Goff hosted a round table discussion late Tuesday night to discuss the upcoming season and what the Bulls need to do to make it past the Eastern Conference Finals and win a title.
Year one of the Carlos Boozer era in Chicago was, simply put, a disappointment.
One NBA expert said for the Bulls to make it to the finals this season, they need to bring in more help for Rose.
The new NBA collective bargaining agreement means more than just basketball’s return to Chicago.
After nearly two years of bickering, NBA players and owners are back on the same side. “We want to play basketball,” Commissioner David Stern said.
NBA players are out of work due to the lockout, leaving most players with the free time to spend their millions.
With the NBA lockout in full force, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau is giving back a little bit.
Don’t blame the owners for the lack of professional basketball in the middle of November. Don’t blame the players for nixing the latest offer earlier this week, thus extending the delay until at least mid-December, and quite possibly, until the 2012-13 season.
The NBA lockout has effectively whipped out more than a month and a half of the season, and Tuesday, the players experienced what it really feels like to be unemployed.
The NBA Player’s Association’s decision to reject the NBA’s latest offer and disband as a union could spell the end of any hope for a basketball season in 2011-12.
The NBA players have rejected the league’s latest offer and are beginning the process to disband the union.
Joined by superstars such as Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony, player representatives from NBA teams are meeting to discuss the league’s proposal for a new labor deal.
If any of you have followed me on the station, or Facebook or Twitter you know that I am a die hard hoops junkie. All levels of the sport are cool but the ultimate for me is the NBA and I have been going crazy without it during this prolonged lockout.
LeBron James might be a load to handle on the court, but in the NBA labor quagmire he’s got nothing on a swamp turtle named Pogo, a comic pages pundit with a labor lesson for LeBron and the NBA players. “We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us,” said Pogo, the resident sage of cartoonist Walt Kelly’s Okefenokee Swamp.
Instead of getting excited to watch the defending league MVP Derrick Rose and his Bulls comrades begin their march towards redemption, I was stuck moping around my apartment while my wife watched re-runs of Sex and the City and whatever “breaking news” in the ever-important Kris Humphries Kim Kardashian divorce “saga” was becoming public knowledge.
With the restrictions stemming from the lockout, Bobcats owner Michael Jordan will not go to Australia to be an assistant captain for the U.S. team at the Presidents Cup.
Mitch Lawrence of The New York Daily News joined The Mully and Hanley Show to break down the NBA lockout.
Derek Fisher denied a rift in union leadership in a letter to NBA players Monday, telling them there have been “no side agreements, no side negotiations or anything close” with league officials.
Stephen Colbert, the host of The Colbert Report, offers up his opinion on what’s wrong with the NBA.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!