Meatball karma has a funny way of striking a balance, doesn’t it?
Anthony first hurt his left shoulder on April 14 against the Pacers. Now it seems he played the entire playoff run — 12 games — with a partially torn labrum.
The Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls are getting ready for Friday’s pivotal game 3.
John Schmeelk: The chances that coach Mike Woodson ends up looking good for this decision are slim to none.
With the game, series, or season on the line, would you rather have Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant on your squad?
And while fans debate whether Derrick Rose should actually be playing, CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports that this Bulls team may go down in history has a fan favorite.
The Boston Celtics will play at the TD Garden for the first time Friday night since the events of the Boston Marathon.
The Celtics need a pick-me-up after losing the opening two games of their first-round playoff series against the Knicks. The city of Boston could use one, too, after a traumatic two weeks of bombings and manhunts and grieving.
For one night, performance, geography, expectation and the choice of juxtaposition conspired to make something once so grand seem very small, and very far away.
The Denver Nuggets secured the third seed in the Western Conference playoffs by routing the Phoenix Suns 118-98 on Wednesday night behind 21 points from Wilson Chandler and 20 from Andre Iguodala.
DeMar DeRozan scored 30 points, Rudy Gay added 22 and the Toronto Raptors ran all over playoff-bound Atlanta, routing the Hawks 113-96 Tuesday night.
Sometimes, it’s just a superstars’ time to finally win a championship. It happened a few years ago in Miami when Peyton Manning won his first Super Bowl title. It happened again as the final buzzer sounded in Game 5 of the NBA Finals and LeBron James was a champion of the world.
Now that the 2012 NBA Finals are over, it’s time to look back at some of the interesting stats and nuggets from the series that saw the Miami Heat capture its second NBA championship in the last six years.
Now that the Miami Heat are the 2012 NBA World Champions, all that’s left is to prepare for the championship parade.
It took around two years, but Thursday night after a completely dominating performance by the Miami Heat, LeBron James and the rest of the Big Three finally won the NBA Championship with a dominating 120-104 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Miami Heat forward Shane Battier has pulled off a feat not many athletes can claim in their career. When the Miami Heat hoisted the Larry O’Brien trophy as NBA champions, it marked the end of a long journey for Battier.
The Miami Heat white hot celebration went from the hard court, to the street, and then to two South Florida premiere hot spots.
The Miami Heat moved one game closer to it’s second NBA Championship Tuesday night at the AmericanAirlines Arena with a thrilling 104-98 victory in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
Every superstar who looks to cement a legacy and win a championship has a signature moment. Miami Heat superstar LeBron James needed that moment and he got it late in the fourth quarter of Game 4.
The Miami Heat have seen this act before and they are hoping for a much different outcome for the 2012 NBA Finals than what happened in the 2011 NBA Finals.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!