The Miami Herald ran an ad in Monday’s paper congratulating the Heat on winning the NBA Championship, the only problem is that they didn’t, the Dallas Mavericks did.
Rarely has Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert passed up an opportunity to take a shot at his former superstar LeBron James, and Gilbert did it again shortly after the Heat lost to the Mavericks.
Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks are NBA champions, and they went through LeBron James for that long-awaited first title.
Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry went out on a limb, and he did it in a fairly permanent way, in the form of a tattoo. With one more win, he’ll get to keep that tattoo of the NBA’s championship trophy – plus have the real thing.
When he belonged to Chicago, he had a thick and dark(ish) head of hair, a mustache worthy of Magnum P.I., and a championship swagger that befit the six-ring circus he ran on the city’s West Side.
The Lakers uncharacteristic early exit from the playoffs on Sunday was an unlikely end to Phil Jackson’s career. Regardless of whether Jackson appears courtside again, he is the greatest coach in American sports history. Period.
During the regular season, many people in the city of Chicago, and plenty more people around the country, were quick to say that they didn’t think the Bulls had what it takes to win the NBA championship this season.
Seemingly every year there is a discussion about an athlete who stayed around one year too long. Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr. and Brett Favre are examples that come to mind.
Derrick Rose is the frontrunner to win this season’s NBA MVP Award. But it wouldn’t have been ridiculous to think that he could also be named the leagues’ Most Improved Player.
Now that the regular season is over, it’s time to find out what LeBron James and the Miami Heat are really made of. There’s not a player in the league that has more at stake in the 2011 playoffs than James.
We all knew that the Chicago Bulls were going to be a pretty good team when the season began back in late October.
There should always be hope at the top of a playoff run, but there should always be realism.
If there is one thing I hate about the playoffs–be it the NBA, NFL, or NHL–it is when a team with a losing record makes it in, while a team from the opposite conference–with a winning record–has to stay home.
The Chicago Bulls held on to beat the Phoenix Suns 97-94 on Monday night. However, it was an ugly and unsatisfying win for Derrick Rose and the Bulls.
At halftime of the Chicago Bulls’ April 7 game agaisnt the Boston Celtics, the organization will unveil the statue for Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!