NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested over the weekend in Southern California on suspicion of drunken driving, authorities said Sunday.
It sounds simple enough: before you decide to whip up the next inspirational sports legend to sell to the world, check to see if he’s already spent time in jail.
It makes us feel better when we can determine direct causes, identify means of prevention of similar acts, or categorize those involved as somehow different, distant or foreign.
And here I thought we had turned a corner in our understanding of the seriousness of brain injury, especially in what had appeared to be a newly enlightened – and legally threatened – NFL.
Beaver Stadium will roar this year, and soon. 106,000 Penn State football fans will chant “We are!!” as their white-helmeted heroes charge from the tunnel, united against all their perceived enemies.
The good guy in this story couldn’t prevent the human tragedy, only arriving on the scene after terrible things had already happened.
The NHL announced its national television schedule for the 2011-12 season Thursday and the Blackhawks are slated to appear in 13 games on either NBC or Versus.
An omission in the Pledge of Allegiance had NBC issuing an on-air apology Sunday during the U.S. Open.
Officials with knowledge of the decision say NBC has retained the U.S. Olympic television rights in a four-games deal through 2020 worth more than $4 billion.
In what Commissioner Gary Bettman is calling the most significant deal in league history, the NHL agreed to a contract that will keep them on NBC and Versus for the next 10 years.
Last season’s Stanley Cup Finals were great for the Chicago Blackhawks and their fans. It was equally as good for the NHL. The Cup Finals were one of the highest rated in NHL history, and thanks to that the league is optimistic for new TV deals.
The whirlwind tour for the Chicago Blackhawks continued last night as Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, and Brent Seabrook appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The group got alot of face time […]
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!