But he sidestepped one big question — Will he return to Michigan next season?
Fans poured into the streets, rejoiced in dorms, bars and living rooms, and at one point became so raucous that riot police were briefly called in as the city held all-night parties to celebrate the Cardinals’ first NCAA title in a generation.
Luke Hancock’s knack for making big shots was on display well before he transferred to Louisville. But he craved something bigger. He finally got it last night.
Relentless Louisville rallied from a 12-point deficit to beat Michigan 82-76 in the NCAA championship game Monday night.
University of Michigan basketball fans in Ann Arbor took the heartbreaking loss as well as could be expected.
Tonight, the No. 1 overall seed takes on a team once ranked No. 1 and now playing its best basketball. On one side is Louisville, the favorite when the field was announced, trying to keep the national championship trophy in the state of Kentucky.
The season that none of us could predict is set to give us a title game that none of us will forget.
National media carried on about the Syracuse zone like they were 1985 Bears and gave Michigan little chance.
It happens seemingly every game of the NCAA tournament, most of the season, for that matter: Officials blow their whistles, huddle, then head over to the TV monitors to review a play.
When Louisville’s Kevin Ware tragically broke his leg during Saturday’s Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament, White Sox manager Robin Ventura knew exactly what was going through the sophomore’s mind.
Russ Smith, nicknamed ‘Russdiculous’ for his frenetic style of play, has been simply wonderful in the tournament.
The 1963 Loyola University Chicago men’s basketball team will be the first team ever inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame on November 24 in Kansas City, Missouri.
The NCAA has announced the pool of 10 officials who will work the Final Four.
Overcoming all sorts of adversity has been the norm for the Syracuse Orange of late.
Even with limited drama—none of the regional finals were particularly thrilling—the NCAA Tournament is a wonderful thing, the perfect blend of fairness and unpredictability.
With tears in their eyes and Kevin Ware in their hearts, there was no way Louisville was losing this game.
Louisville guard Kevin Ware badly injured his lower right leg during the Midwest Regional final against Duke on Sunday and had to be taken off the court on a stretcher.
Freshman guard Nik Stauskas scored 22 points including six 3-pointers and Michigan is going to the Final Four for the first time since the Fab Five era after a 79-59 rout of Florida in the South Regional final Sunday.
Using its trapping, shot-challenging 2-3 zone defense to perfect effect, No. 4-seeded Syracuse shut down No. 3 Marquette 55-39 in the East Regional final Saturday, reaching the Final Four for the first time in a decade.
That high-flying act from “Dunk City” busted most everybody’s NCAA tournament brackets and left an indelible mark on March.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.150
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!