Over a year later, it’s the same story. And unfortunately, again, the anger is directed at the wrong people.
In much the same way rule changes have been implemented in youth sports to make them safer in hopes the grown-up games evolve—changing a culture of violence in hockey, for example—the prejudicial culture in sports needs to change from early on.
Tuesday, “the group in charge of the new college football playoff” announced that said playoff will be called “College Football Playoff”.
The University of Oregon proposed a self-imposed two-year probation and the loss of a scholarship for three years because of possible recruiting violations involving the Ducks’ football program.
One of my favorite things to ever happen in sports is occurring this weekend.
Luke Hancock’s knack for making big shots was on display well before he transferred to Louisville. But he craved something bigger. He finally got it last night.
Luke Hancock made all five of his 3-pointers and led Louisville to its first NCAA men’s basketball championship since 1986 with a 82-76 victory over Michigan on Monday night.
The Final Four teams heading into the NCAA tournament are an interesting mix, to say the least. From a Big Ten team with the one national player of the year candidate still in the running […]
The debate has been ongoing for years, gaining more and more traction as television and sponsorship deals reach exorbitant figures.
Chris Collins was introduced as Northwestern’s 24th head men’s basketball coach Tuesday. But that may have been the second most important development inside Welsh-Ryan Arena.
Wichita State is headed to the Final Four, and these Shockers should be no surprise to anybody.
Trey Burke scored all 23 of his points after halftime, including a long, tying 3-pointer in the final seconds of regulation, and Michigan rallied to beat Kansas 87-85 in the South Regional semifinals Friday night.
Russ Smith matched his career high with 31 points to lead three Cardinals in double figures, and top-seeded Louisville overcame its toughest test yet in a 77-69 victory over Oregon on Friday night.
With its 2-3 zone defense disruptive from start to finish, and Michael Carter-Williams pouring in 24 points, fourth-seeded Syracuse upset No. 1 seed Indiana 61-50 Thursday night to reach the NCAA tournament’s East Regional final.
Vander Blue’s buzzer-beater came at the end of the first half. For a change, Marquette didn’t need one at the end of the game.
The Hurricanes have had a dream season, but Marquette is the toughest team in college basketball. That’s just one of four great matchups.
When Norwood Teague took over as athletic director at Minnesota, he knew it would take a little time for him to get up to speed with all the intricacies of major college football.
Ousted UCLA basketball coach Ben Howland, who was fired two days after the Bruins were eliminated from this year’s NCAA tournament, held a press conference Monday afternoon.
Tebow hopped aboard Wichita State’s team bus on Sunday to deliver an impromptu pep talk after the school’s upset over No. 1-ranked Gonzaga in the NCAA Tournament.
Many sports fans couldn’t tell you where Florida Gulf Coast University was before the current season started. But between an early season upset of Miami and now winning a berth in the Sweet 16, Florida Gulf Coast has put itself on the map in a big way.
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!