DeShaun Thomas and Sam Thompson had 19 points apiece, helping No. 10 Ohio State rout Nebraska 71-50 in the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals on Friday night.
Shavon Shields scored 19 points, Brandon Ubel added 16 points and eight rebounds and Nebraska beat Purdue 57-55 Thursday in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.
Illinois used double-figure scoring from five players to hold off stubborn Nebraska Saturday, 72-65.
Dylan Talley scored 20 points and Ray Gallegos broke out of his 3-point shooting slump in the second half to lead Nebraska to a 64-49 victory over Northwestern on Saturday.
Taylor Martinez threw for 342 yards and three touchdowns and Nebraska rallied to beat Northwestern 29-28 on Saturday.
The body of a retired San Francisco firefighter has been found in Nebraska, after he disappeared from a Chicago-bound Amtrak train.
President Barack Obama is still behind Republican opponent Mitt Romney when it comes to filling his war chest with campaign cash.
(WSCR) As sunlight begins to expose all that surrounds Penn State and the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse scandal, one Nebraskan columnist apparently has something he wants to get off his chest. Les Mann, a longtime […]
The Cornhuskers (12-13, 4-10 Big Ten) snapped a four-game losing streak and sent the Illini (16-11, 5-9) to their fifth consecutive loss.
Northwestern (13-8, 3-6 Big Ten) dominated the game behind the arc, making 14 3-pointers to end a three-game losing streak.
This was the first meeting in 36 years between these border-state schools, who will now see each other at least once a season.
Rex Burkhead, who started the week with his right foot in a walking boot, ran for 160 yards and a touchdown on a school-record 38 carries and No. 22 Nebraska defeated Iowa 20-7 on Friday.
Ask most coaches how they view their life’s work, and you’ll get an answer like this: “I consider myself a teacher, first and foremost.”
University of Missouri curators voted Tuesday to consider leaving the troubled Big 12 for another conference.
Business recruiters from Nebraska are still trying to persuade Illinois businesses to either relocate to or expand in the Cornhusker state.
Amtrak says a train carrying about 175 passengers between Chicago and San Francisco has derailed in southwest Nebraska.
The Big Ten coaches and athletic directors will meet in Chicago this week, and a nine-game football schedule is a major item up for discussion.
When the Big Ten expanded to twelve teams, the Nebraska-Iowa matchup seemed like a no-brainer to turn into a rivalry. And now that game will get rivalry-like billing.
When the Big Ten announced they were adding Nebraska, the response was almost all positive. And when the Big Ten announced the names for the new divisions, the response was almost all negative.
OK. Now it’s my turn! There sure has been a lot of talk around Big Ten country in the past 24 hours about the new conference logo and football divisional names.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!