Perhaps it was fitting 34-year-old Veniamin Konstantinovich Balika was arrested at a New Jersey Turnpike oasis named for legendary Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi, when he was pulled over in a refrigerated truck hauling 42,000 pounds of Muenster cheese.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson sees a ray of hope this election season, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
As odd as it seems, President Barack Obama and Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey are in the midst of a marvelous “bromance”.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is spending the day at an exclusive gathering in Sun Valley, Idaho, with some of the most powerful business executives in the country.
Want to do something fun with your dad for Father’s Day? Check out these exciting activities that are sure to be an adventure!
New Jersey will defy a federal ban and let people bet on the outcomes of football, basketball and other games this fall, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Thursday.
A former Chicago woman is facing charges after allowing her 6-year-old daughter to tan at a salon.
For the first time in public, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy promised his department will never conduct blanket surveillance of Muslims like the New York Police Department did in Newark, N.J., when he was chief there.
A Chicago City Council committee on Monday approved Garry McCarthy, Mayor Emanuel’s choice for a new superintendent of police, and the full council is expected to confirm the selection on Wednesday.
Nevada has jumped on the anti-Illinois bandwagon by taking out ads hoping to lure businesses from the Land of Lincoln out west.
A war of words between Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has heated up, as Christie called Quinn “a disaster” and Quinn’s office criticized New Jersey’s dismal record of creating jobs.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is in Chicago Friday, meeting with Illinois business leaders in hopes of luring them to his state.
Gov. Pat Quinn says New Jersey needs to improve its own corporate climate before trying to poach businesses from Illinois.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s administration is casting lures to Illinois businesses that may be soured on the Land of Lincoln, which raised income tax rates recently to offset a massive state budget deficit.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!