New Year’s Day
A man was charged with first-degree murder for the shooting death of a man on New Year’s Day in South Side Bronzeville neighborhood.
A Bridgeview man shot New Year’s Day in the South Side Auburn Gresham neighborhood died Saturday.
A man has been charged after he allegedly shot his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend in the early hours of the new year, police said early Friday.
Some people in Chicago started the New Year with a lavish dinner at a famous Chicago steakhouse, but they weren’t ordinary diners. Many are homeless, some battling drug addiction or mental illness.
About 50 hearty souls started the first day of the New Year with a plunge into the frigid water of Lake Michigan.
A West Town neighborhood man became the city’s first homicide victim of the New Year, which so far has seen at least ten other people wounded in separate shootings, authorities said.
It was a close call for a South Chicago Heights 14-year-old boy after a New Year’s bullet grazed him outside his home.
Several dozen people celebrated New Year’s Day on Sunday by taking a dip in Lake Michigan to help raise money for charity.
Two men were charged Saturday night after they shot off more than 80 rounds of ammunition to ring in the New Year in northwest suburban Elgin.
Women undergoing drug counseling and their children are among some 250 people being served a three-course meal at a well-known Chicago steak house today.
The first Chicago baby of the New Year? It’s practically a tie.
Not everyone can stay awake all the way until midnight, but everyone likes to have fun on New Year’s Eve! These family-friendly New Year’s Eve events let you ring in the New Year a little early, with a little less noise and adult festivities, while maximizing the excitement.
Police are searching for a man who attacked and brutally beat a couple as they got out of a cab in the bustling Lincoln Park neighborhood in the wee hours of New Year’s Day.
More than a dozen cars were burglarized in west suburban Wheaton between New Year’s Eve and Day.
The temperature tomorrow morning is expected to be around freezing, which is perfect for a nice swim in Lake Michigan.
A 26-year-old New Year’s Day tradition is expected to attract hundreds of people to the Chicago River’s North Branch this weekend.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!