New York Knicks
The Knicks were dealt a blow on the scoreboard and to their roster as Iman Shumpert was carried off the court. The Knicks were defeated by the Heat 100-67 in Game 1.
Iman Shumpert suffered a season-ending ACL tear and as a result, any hope of the Knicks competing with the Heat have ended.
The NBA lockout-shortened regular season has come to a close and the playoff teams have been decided. Let’s take a look at the Eastern Conference matchups to give you insight into who we think will come out on top.
Knicks coach Mike Woodson has confirmed that point guard Jeremy Lin will not play in the first round of the NBA playoffs. If the Knicks manage to advance, however, it is undetermined whether the 23-year-old will be able to suit up and take the floor.
J.R. Smith scored 22 points for the Knicks, who pulled away in the second half to clinch the Eastern Conference’s No. 7 seed and a first-round playoff matchup against No. 2 Miami beginning Saturday.
The biggest question for Knicks fans: do you want your team to face the Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat?
When you’re the biggest off-season addition for a team that led the NBA in wins a season ago, expectations are high.
Richard Hamilton scored 20 points, Luol Deng added 19 and the Chicago Bulls, playing without Derrick Rose again, beat the New York Knicks 98-86 Tuesday night.
Derrick Rose is expected to be a game-time decision Tuesday in the Bulls’ rematch against the New York Knicks.
Carmelo Anthony called it a statement game, and the message should be clear for the Chicago Bulls. If they do meet in the playoffs, the Bulls better finish off Anthony and the Knicks when they have the chance.
Derrick Rose returned to Chicago’s lineup Sunday at New York, giving the Bulls their projected starting five for just the 11th time this season.
Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin had lunch Tuesday with the former ESPN writer who used a racially-insensitive headline directed at Lin.
In this shortened season, the Bulls aren’t taking any chances with Rose. He’s now missed more games this season than his first three seasons combined.
Derrick Rose was fined $25,000 Tuesday for publicly criticizing the referees after Monday’s win over the Knicks.
D’Antoni and his X’s and O’s superiority landed in New York. It seemed like the Knicks had fleeced the Bulls badly.
The Bulls take on the New York Knicks Monday night, and that, of course, means a new NBA favorite is coming to the United Center. CBS 2’s Susanna Song spoke to one of Lin’s childhood friends who lives in the Chicago area.
Less than two weeks after ESPN posted a racial headline referring to Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, the network is at it again.
Linsanity ran into reality: All-Star Deron Williams wasn’t getting embarrassed by the Harvard guy again.
Jeremy Lin has accepted ESPN’s apology for a controversial headline that appeared on the network’s web site early Saturday morning, adding that he didn’t think the racial connotation of it was intentional.
ESPN is apologizing for using a tasteless term to describe New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin. The racial slur appeared in an online headline, and was used in a SportsCenter segment late Friday.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!