New York Yankees
Yankees captain Derek Jeter will be sidelined until after the All-Star break because of a new fracture in his injured left ankle.Je
Vernon Wells is on the verge of becoming the latest addition to the New York Yankees’ injury-depleted lineup.
Former Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee won’t be making a come back.
As the Yankees continue their search to replace first baseman Mark Teixeira, the team has reportedly asked former Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee to come out of retirement.
Mariano Rivera will hold a press conference Saturday announcing his plans to retire at the end of the season, according to a report.
Mark Teixeira is going to be out at least until early May with a strained right wrist tendon, the latest major injury setback for the New York Yankees.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has broken his right leg and dislocated the ankle while skydiving from a plane in Florida.
Whether as a starter or a reliever, David Phelps will likely be an integral part of the Yankees.
Rays left-hander David Price will likely have his choice of teams to sign with when he hits free-agency in a few seasons, but he’s already narrowing down his list.
Struggling to return from a hip injury and mired in yet another PED scandal, a report from the New York Daily News claims Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez may have played his last game in pinstripes.
Alex Rodriguez had surgery on his left hip Wednesday and is expected to be sidelined until after the All-Star break.
Police in the Dominican Republic say former major league pitcher Pascual Perez has been killed in his home during an apparent robbery.
With rumors swirling that the Yankees are set on trading struggling super star Alex Rodriguez, the third baseman is adamant he will return to New York in 2013.
As his playing time decreases, the chances of A-Rod welcoming a trade out of the Bronx increases.
Game 4 of the AL championship series between the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers was postponed because of bad weather in the area Wednesday night – although Comerica Park was still dry when the game was called.
The Yankees are dead.
Alex Rodriguez has had a little more time on his hands during games recently and, according to the New York Post, he used that time Saturday to pick up women.
The Detroit Tigers got a big boost from Anibal Sanchez’s arm. They got a helping hand from an umpire, too. The reward: a commanding 2-0 lead in the AL championship series, and a trip home with their ace ready to start.
Yo – today’s Caller of the Day is none other than East Side Dave.
The New York Yankees’ season is on the line today in the Bronx and Alex Rodriguez is not in the lineup.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!