In 2012, the NFC North was the only division in football with three double-digit win teams. On the surface, every team sensibly addressed need positions. However, there are always surprises, both good and bad, and expectations unmet, but in some instances exceeded.
The 2013 NFL Draft will take place this week, so let’s take a look at which holes each team in the NFC North needs to fill to have a successful draft.
Free agency got off to a roaring start and the movement made by the Bears coupled with their performance on Draft Day will determine whether head coach Marc Trestman has a winning hand to play once training camp begins in the summer.
Here are Jeff Joniak’s “Keys to the Game” for the Bears as they head to Detroit for a key divisional matchup.
If Vikings running back Adrian Peterson thought he’d easily tip toe into the history books this Sunday against the Packers, he clearly hasn’t spoken with Clay Matthews.
Brian Urlacher’s hamstring injury, suffered in the Bears’ overtime loss to the Seahawks on Sunday, could keep the aging middle linebacker from playing this Sunday against the Vikings.
Please avoid falling into the trap of calling the Packers overrated just because they’re 0-1.
The Bears have been quiet on why exactly Urlacher is missing practice, but one thing is certain – if the Bears have any hopes of contending in the NFC North, they’ll need No. 54.
Here is how the NFC North betting will shake down, according to Covers.com.
By: Tony Meale NFL Free Agency has begun ( check out our Free Agency Tracker here ) and we’re taking a look at which players each team and division needs to pick up to improve […]
Now that Lovie Smith has exacted sweet revenge on bookmakers and prognosticators bold enough to make his team an eight-point underdog in Philadelphia, it’s time for the Bears to wreak vengeance on the upstart Lions, a team foolish enough to beat the Bears by 11 points a mere month ago.
Impersonating Jim Mora in writing doesn’t do that classic quote any justice, but if you are one of those Bears fans that is still hoping for a second straight NFC North Division title this season — or even a spot in the NFC playoffs in general — forget it.
The NFC North boasts the defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers, our beloved Chicago Bears, the paper champion Detroit Lions, and a Favre-less Minnesota Vikings, so 2011 will be full of intrigue.
As the Chicago Bears evaluate their roster heading into the NFL Draft weekend, they need to address one specific position where they’re falling behind the rest of the NFC North division.
The NFL released the complete schedule for the 2011-2012 regular season on Tuesday. If there is a NFL season this year, and right now that’s a big if, the Bears know whom, when and where they will play.
In a year in which the Bears are scheduled to travel to London for their first-ever regular season game across the pond, the team opens at home against Atlanta.
It should be a pretty quite offseason around Halas Hall. Outside of the NFL draft, there won’t be any major additions or subtractions to the roster. But the status of Lovie Smith’s contract could shake things up.
For whatever reason there are many people in this city that feel the suddenly available Jeff Fisher would be an improvement as Bears head coach in comparison to Lovie Smith.
When I sat down on the couch yesterday to watch the news, the talk of the town was, of course, the Bears loss to the Packers in the NFC Championship game, on Sunday afternoon.
The Chicago Bears’ offseason will start about two weeks earlier than most fans and players had expected. But since the offseason has arrived it’s time to look ahead to next season, and where they will need to improve.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!