nfl players association
NFL general counsel Jeff Pash says he expects independent neurological consultants to be on sidelines during games next season to help diagnose and treat concussions.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players’ Association executive director DeMaurice Smith shook hands and hugged Friday as they signed a new collective bargaining agreement.
In the midst of ongoing labor issues and a lockout, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was set to speak at the Players’ Association’s rookie symposium.
An analyst says a recent meeting between NFL players and owners in the western suburbs might be evidence that the two sides could be seeking to solve their dispute on their own.
NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith is expected to miss a court-ordered labor negotiation session today.
With a lockout looming, NFL rookies could lose out on a lot.
With just days left to come up with a new collective bargaining agreement, the NFL is taking every step to prepare for a lockout. Included in these preparations is a fund to pay players if there is a lockout.
The biggest issue threatening the next football season is the division of revenue. Neither side will budge, hoping to take a bigger piece of the pie. If there are financial pressures like the owners claim, showing some proof might help ease the players union’s stiff stance.
The NFL is facing a possible lockout at the end of next week and only little progress has been made. Thursday, the NFL and players union took a dispute over money made from broadcasting rights before a federal judge.
With just two weeks left on the current NFL labor deal, progress needs to be made fast. The owners and players union could be making that progress now with a federal mediator in the mix.
Every day it seems as though there is something new the NFL and union disagree on. This time, it’s franchise tags neither can agree on.
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears have voted to allow the NFL Players Association to decertify if there’s a lockout next year. Union spokesman Carl Francis says Wednesday’s vote was unanimous. Each of the […]
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.573
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!