The Chicago Bears took care of the Seattle Seahawks in impressive fashion, but they’re not the only team playing in the NFC Championship who’s been playing well lately.
Jay Cutler has played 69 games in the NFL. And before Sunday’s Divisional Round game against the Seattle Seahawks, he had played in 68 regular season games.
With their win over the Seattle Seahawks, the Chicago Bears will move on to play for the NFC Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl.
After the first half of the Chicago Bears-Seattle Seahawks game ended, the Bears were looking at a 21-0. It was a first half dominated by the Bears on offense and defense.
At this point in the week, everyone is aware of what happened the first time the Bears and Seahawks played this season. Sunday’s game will come down to which team has made the adjustments since week six.
The Soldier Field grounds crew says they’re ready for the Bears’ playoff game on Sunday against the Seahawks.
The beginning and end of the 2010 Chicago Bears’ season look like complete opposites. And the defining change during the season took place during a week the Bears didn’t play.
It’s been a long week of analysis of matchups, players, schemes and even player personalities. But that goes out the window when the Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks take the field.
Just two days away from the Bears’ first playoff game since losing in the Super Bowl four years ago, it’s about time to look ahead and predict the outcome of the Bears-Seahawks game.
The Chicago Bears have been healthy all regular season long, and that health has continued into the playoffs. The Seattle Seahawks, on the other hand, may be without linebacker Lofa Tatupu.
Jay Cutler has a football game to play this weekend. And considering the guy’s being paid a king’s ransom to fire the pigskin around Soldier Field, I know what Chicago fans deserve from their star quarterback on the field – excellence.
The interminable lead-up to a Super Bowl is one thing. At such a comically outsized event, there is enough collateral silliness to pass the time beyond just football.
The offense was given a great deal of credit for the turnaround after the bye week. While the improved offense helped the Bears get to the playoffs, it’s the defense that led the way.
The Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks played each other in week six of the regular season. While both teams can use that game as reference, both teams have drastically improved since then.
Johnny Knox may not have any experience playing in the playoffs, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t understand the importance of Sunday’s game.
For part of this season the Bears had a pass-heavy offense. It wasn’t until they switched over to a more balanced attack that the team became a serious title contender.
For an offensive line, perhaps more than any other group in sports, communication is the most vital key to success. And the more the group plays together, the more that communication improves.
For sports fans everywhere, one of the most fun things to do is play the “what if” game. You know what I am talking about.
When Jay Cutler’s name has come up in past comparisons of NFL quarterbacks, “never been to the playoffs” before was always mentioned; but that has never bothered Cutler.
The Bears were rewarded for their 11-5 record with a first round bye in the playoffs and a home field advantage for this divisional round game. But according to ProFootballTalk.com’s Mike Florio, that week off could hurt them.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!