If the Chicago Bears beat the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday they’ll advance to the NFC Championship game, and that’s all they’ll achieve by beating them. The loss to the Seahawks in the regular season can’t be undone.
In the NFL, wins are the fastest way to change perception of a team. But going into the second round of the playoffs, eight wins aren’t enough to change much.
Placed in the unfamiliar role of prohibitive favorites, the Bears seem to be doing and saying everything they can to feel otherwise.
In the first meeting between the Bears and Seahawks, Mike Williams caught 10 passes for 123 yards. A performance that helped the Seahawks beat the Bears. On Sunday, the Bears will have a second chance to shut him down.
If an NFL season was determined by what people thought, than this season would have gone much differently for the Bears. And that’s exactly why they’re not listening to what anyone thinks now.
The Bears’ defense is full of players with playoff experience. Players like Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher played in the Bears’ Super Bowl in the 2006 season. But the offense is a different story.
The Chicago Bears ended the season as the second best team in the NFC, a far cry from where they started the season in most people’s eyes.
A win can do a lot for a team’s confidence, especially in the playoffs. And especially when the team, according to everyone outside of Seattle, didn’t deserve to be in the playoffs.
The NFL’s regular season was full of TV ratings that shattered former records. And it appears as if those records will continue to fall now that we’ve reached the playoffs.
The talk has already started, or continued for that matter, that the Seattle Seahawks don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. They ended the season 7-9, but upset the defending Super Bowl Champions in the first round.
here will be a lot of talk about matchups and story lines this week, as the Chicago Bears prepare for a rematch against the Seattle Seahawks. The most obvious story line? Revenge.
There was only one team that the Bears knew, going into the weekend’s games, that they couldn’t face in the second round, that was the Packers. But if there was also one team they were hoping to play, that was probably the Seahawks.
As soon the Packers’ late interception of Michael Vick sealed the certainty that the 8-9 Seattle Seahawks — the worst NFL team to ever win a playoff game — would face the Bears Sunday at noon, the sides of my head started doing what they do…
OK, pencils up. It’s Pop Quiz time. Question: What’s more compelling, the NFL regular season or the NFL postseason?
With the Bears’ playoff game now one week away, it’s time to start thinking about what a realistic expectation is for them in the playoffs.
The Bears’ offense is relatively young and inexperienced, when it comes to the playoffs. On the other hand, the Bears’ defense is still full of players from the 2006 team.
Solid pass protection usually portends potent offenses, and lots of points generally means lots of wins. In that regard, it’s hardly a shock to see four of the top five teams in the New York Life Protection Index playoff bound.
The last time Jay Cutler played postseason football was when he was in high school. Despite that long break from playoff action, Cutler is poised and read to make a run deep into the playoffs.
The Bears’ offensive line was blitzed heavily in the second half of the loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. That heavy blitzing, along with the playoff atmosphere in Green Bay was a big help for the young o-line.
Most things this season have gone the way the Bears wanted. But the offensive performance in the regular season finale wasn’t the way a team wants to enter the playoffs.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 1 hour ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 1 hour ago