The winds of change appear to be blowing among professional sports.
“He’s not a perfect player. We like the fit. We like what he brings to us intangibly. We wanted to get better up front. He’s a seasoned player.”
Former NFL star Chad Johnson will serve 30 days in jail after violating probation in a domestic violence case involving his then-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.
David “Deacon” Jones, the original sackmaster, has died.
This is the one piece I’ve spent part of my childhood and my entire adult life working to avoid having to write. But as I’ve come to learn repeatedly over the 46 years or so during which that effort has been ongoing, often at a significant price, you can’t win ‘em all.
Two Massachusetts men accused of secretly recording and selling a prank phone call involving two NFL general managers face federal wiretapping charges in western New York.
As expected the NFL has pushed the draft back to May 8-10 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
While it was clear that Urlacher was a remarkable athlete, it wasn’t clear in the days and weeks leading up to his selection what position he would play in the NFL.
And while one of the greatest defensive players of an organization mythologized for its defenses is likely feeling the deep sting of what Marcellus Wallace called “pride @#$%ing with you,” he will grow to realize what many of us already knew. This is right call.
Hidden in the brush-off Lance Briggs gave the media yesterday is a much larger issue facing a team trying to push one side of the ball into modernity while keeping another rooted in the past.
The Chicago Bears and first-round draft pick Kyle Long agreed to a four-year contract Friday.
Celebrate them as they work for us, making us feel good. Buy stock in the slogans. Don attire supporting them. Forget about them once they can’t fight for us anymore. Am I talking about soldiers or football players?
In much the same way rule changes have been implemented in youth sports to make them safer in hopes the grown-up games evolve—changing a culture of violence in hockey, for example—the prejudicial culture in sports needs to change from early on.
In 2012, the NFC North was the only division in football with three double-digit win teams. On the surface, every team sensibly addressed need positions. However, there are always surprises, both good and bad, and expectations unmet, but in some instances exceeded.
Fans, I come to bury Tim Tebow, not to praise him. He has been cut by the New York Jets, and that opens the door for him to finally become a Chicago Bear.
It’s draft day eve, and NFL fans are downright giddy. This is the most unpredictable draft I can recall in years, simply because of the lackluster quarterback class.
The 2013 NFL Draft will take place this week, so let’s take a look at which holes each team in the NFC North needs to fill to have a successful draft.
The Chicago Bears become Marc Trestman’s team during minicamp.
When will the NFL have its first openly gay player?
Marc Trestman’s first preseason game as Bears head coach will take place on the road against the Panthers.
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.216
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.319
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Chief Keef Pleads Guilty To Speeding, Faces Second Paternity SuitChicago rapper Chief Keef was served Monday in a second paternity lawsuit as he appeared in a Cook County courtroom to plead guilty to a speeding violation, the Sun-Times is reporting.257
- Four Contract E Coli After Eating At Lombard RestaurantFour people contracted E. coli after eating at a west suburban restaurant, which has since been closed, DuPage County health officials said.322
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!