The NFL Players Association has asked a federal judge for a temporary restraining order that would allow players suspended in connection with the NFL’s bounty investigation to rejoin their teams in time to play regular season openers.
The NFL has made thigh and knee pads mandatory equipment for the 2013 season, something the players’ union could oppose because the move was not collectively bargained.
The players’ union has told the NFL to hold off collecting blood for HGH testing, and the league isn’t happy about it.
NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith will speak to NBA players during a meeting to update them on collective bargaining talks.
The NFL is adding game-day testing for performance-enhancing substances – but not recreational drugs – this season under the new collective bargaining agreement.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players’ Association executive director DeMaurice Smith shook hands and hugged Friday as they signed a new collective bargaining agreement.
Two people familiar with the negotiations tell The Associated Press the contract allows the to use blood testing for human growth hormone.
NFL players and owners still are debating drug testing, benefits and the player conduct policy disciplinary process as they work to complete the collective bargaining agreement.
So the NFL lockout is over because the players and owners finally came to an agreement. But what exactly did they agree on?
Now that the lockout is over, fans everywhere are wondering when free agency will start and when their team will report to training camp.
The NFLPA executive board and player reps from every NFL team voted unanimously Monday to approve the terms of a deal with the owners to end the NFL lockout.
NFL owners and players agreed early Monday to the terms of a deal to end the lockout, and players were expected to begin the voting process later in the day.
NEW YORK (AP) – A vote on a settlement to the lockout is what every NFL fan wants. Nobody is sure when that might happen. The players’ executive committee will meet Monday in Washington after […]
A day after the owners approved a proposed deal to end the NFL lockout, the players are balking, saying the deal the owners approved isn’t the one they agreed to.
NFL players are still reviewing the written proposal owners voted on and passed Thursday, according to NFLPA president Kevin Mawae.
You can count Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher among the players who aren’t on board with the agreement the owners voted on Thursday.
The Hall of Fame Game between the Bears and Rams has been canceled, NFL Commisioner Roger Goodell announced Thursday.
An end to the NFL lockout appears close, with both sides preparing to vote on a proposed deal once it is finalized.
Two people familiar with talks to end the NFL lockout tell The Associated Press that if an agreement is ratified by Thursday, team executives will be updated on the deal’s terms that day.
Lawyers for the NFL Players Association and the league are meeting at a Manhattan law firm to try to work out an agreement to end the four-month lockout.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 7 hours ago