And with the 94-91 Game 5 loss in Miami, the 2012-13 Chicago Bulls are nothing more than a memory.
As I sit and type this out it feels like I’m back in the fall dissecting numbers to quantify Jay Cutler putting up a clunker of a performance in an important game. Except it’s not fall and the game isn’t being played outdoors.
Ask two different locker rooms about the abuse and hard fouls the soon-to-be four time NBA MVP received on Wednesday night and you were bound to get two different responses.
As the Bulls near the halfway point of the season, their most important piece is getting close to a major step forward in his comeback.
It’s Day 4 of The McNeil and Spiegel Show’s run of Bears themed Christmas Carols and today Nick Shepkowski got away from whatever research project he was doing and sang about Lovie Smith’s ever-aging defense.
Jay Cutler has never beaten a team that finished the season above .500 on the road while wearing a Chicago Bears uniform.
It was by no means a thing of beauty, but likely nothing about the 2012-13 campaign will be for the Bulls.
Regardless, the real season begins on Halloween night at the United Center and expectations very possibly have never been so wide spread with a team.
Is the Bears offense better with Brandon Marshall?
With Week 2 in the NFL looming, here a few of my picks against the spread.
Listen, I love the Madden video game and will be playing it for a good number of hours when I get home tonight, I just don’t care whatsoever what they have to say about the coming NFL season.
Now, unless there is an unforeseen performance from Webb, Williams or a scrapheap left tackle that doesn’t appear to actually exist, chances seem slim that the Bears’ 26-year championship drought will end this fall.
With LeBron James finally getting the championship he’s sought for so long and plenty of people still unwilling to give him their respect, it’s a good time to look back at how he and Chris Bosh wound up joining Dwayne Wade in Miami.
Epstein cited “philosophical differences” that led to the firing of Rudy Jaramillo on Tuesday, and it’s obvious the lack of taking pitches and working counts was a major part of those differences.
For the seemingly endless holes the Cubs have right now and the lapses he’s had, there’s no reason to think Starlin Castro is untouchable when it comes to building for the teams future.
Despite rushing for more yards per game last year than Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and Chris Johnson, the Bears are right in their hesitance to sign Forte to a massive contract.
The Bulls currently hold a two game lead in the standings over the Heat, but two games left against Miami could easily make up that differential. Here’s a deeper look at what remains before the playoffs for both teams:
Final Four picks from a number of 670 The Score personalities, including their pick to win it all.
After losing to Ohio State in a heart-breaker Wednesday night, Northwestern is still sitting right on the edge of the NCAA Tournament bubble.
A big to-do was made about an internet rumor Sunday night that had the Bulls sending Carlos Boozer and potentially C.J. Watson to the Lakers in exchange for Pau Gasol.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!