After losing to Ohio State in a heart-breaker Wednesday night, Northwestern is still sitting right on the edge of the NCAA Tournament bubble.
A big to-do was made about an internet rumor Sunday night that had the Bulls sending Carlos Boozer and potentially C.J. Watson to the Lakers in exchange for Pau Gasol.
With Derrick Rose again out it was Deng that was perhaps the most key-cog in getting the Bulls offense going as he had a career-night from beyond the arc, hitting 6/9 three-point attempts in route to matching Carlos Boozer with a game-high 23 points.
“(Rose) went thru his workout and didn’t have problems” Thibodeau said. “Feeling a lot better but we’re just going to wait and see how he feels tomorrow.”
The Bulls improved to 24-7 on the season and guaranteed head coach Tom Thibodeau an appearance as the head coach of the Eastern Conference squad in the 2012 NBA All-Star Game.
We saw how without Jay Cutler the Bears went from being a prime contender in their conference to being amongst the worst teams in the entire NFL.
That was as ugly as it gets. It feels like I’ve said that three weeks in a row now but the Seattle Seahawks looked like world-beaters at the hands of the Chicago Bears Sunday.
So, that happened. With the Bears leading 10-0 with 4:34 to play and 63 yards of (somewhat) green grass in front of Tim Tebow and the Broncos offense, the “Almighty One” found his magic and wound up a 13-10 overtime winner against the Bears.
A week ago, it was understandable to remain optimistic about the Bears chances going forward, despite obvious issues. This week, it’s impossible.
They haven’t looked truly remarkable since their Week 1 thrashing of Atlanta, but in running the ball better of late and an improved defense, the playoffs don’t seem as far fetched as they did after the Green Bay and New Orleans debacles earlier in the year.
It’s what you need to do against bad teams — beat them badly. Its not a game that anyone really learned a ton about the Bears in their thrashing of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night; however, the Bears now sit 3-3 and are still very much alive in the race for an NFC Wild Card berth.
After a 30-13 defeat at the hands of the New Orleans Saints, the Bears now sit at 1-1 before the Week 3 showdown at Soldier Field with Green Bay.
A 30-12 win in Week 1 — in a game the Bears entered as a three-point home underdog — means there was a lot of good shown at Soldier Field on Sunday afternoon. A look now at who really stuck out and a couple of things that still need work.
A quick look back at the good, bad and ugly from last night’s 41-13 loss to the Giants.
What is a small private school with very little football tradition like Northwestern doing spending money on billboards across the country to promote Dan Persa’s Heisman Trophy campaign?
The all-star break finds the White Sox sitting five games behind division leading Detroit and another 4.5 behind second place Cleveland.
Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, Felix Hernandez, Roy Halladay and a healthy Joe Mauer are all baseball players I’d willingly pay to see play regardless of where their teams were in the standings.
Ozzie Guillen’s record over the last four and half seasons is not all that impressive, but he continues to get a pass because of 2005.
Every half inning of a baseball game ends when three outs are registered, not more and not less.
Close games have not gone the White Sox way early in 2011, losing both one-run contests they’ve been in this year after falling 2-1 to the Oakland Athletics on Monday night.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!