Nightlife & Music
Do you have a comedy routine you’d like to try out or feel like sharing your latest poetry? Head to one of these open mics in Chicago to show off your stuff.
Learn elegance and technique while having fun! Dance at some of Chicago’s best ballroom dance studios.
You don’t have to head straight home after the office. Unwind at some of these Chicago-area restaurants and enjoy daily food and drink specials.
Make the most out of your pub crawl experience in Chicago by choosing a crawl with a theme you can related to.
Is learning to sing a longtime dream of yours? Make it come true by learning to sing with some of the best instructors in the Chicago area.
From a spring concert set among an historic home to a summer-long festival, Chicago is the place to be for music lovers. Check out the following performances the next time you’re in the mood to hear a live concert.
Whether you are in the mood for a cappella renditions of your favorite songs or just want to listen to choral music, the Chicagoland area has plenty of groups to find what you’re looking for.
Chicago-area model Autumn Broviak offers tips on how to find this season’s best swimwear for your body type.
To get your guests on their feet during your wedding, consider getting a live band to perform. From traditional favorites to the latest hits, these bands will keep your reception rocking.
Whether you’re looking for a free concert during your lunch break or want to unwind with friends at a jazz club, the following female musicians based in Chicago offer a great way to experience music.
Are you ready for the Big Dance? Come March 19, basketball fans across Chicago will be ready for the 2013 college basketball tournament. If you’re looking for a great place to catch a game, then check out the following sports bars.
Ready for the wearin’ of the green? Then celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the following bars.
From checking out the solar system to going head-to-head with other film buffs, there’s never been a better time to be a nerd in Chicago.
With the Academy Awards fast approaching, people are getting excited to see who this year’s winners will be. While you may not be able to be there in person, there are ways to party like a movie star in Chicago to commemorate the Oscars.
From live bands to New Orleans cuisine, the Chicagoland area offers plenty of ways for you and your friends to have one last hurrah for Mardi Gras. Whether you want to dress up in costume or come as you are, there’s a party for just about everyone.
Does the thought of celebrating Valentine’s Day sound off-putting to you? For singles in Chicago, the area offers many ways to celebrate the holiday without feeling left out.
From casual bars to those with a taste of New Orleans, consider watching the Super Bowl at a sports bar in Chicago. Where to go? Check out the list for details.
Ready to go country? For longtime fans and those just getting into the genre, the Chicagoland area offers numerous country western-themed bars and nightclubs. Use the following bars to saddle up, round up your friends and get ready to hit the town.
From bowling to karaoke, the Chicagoland area offers many venues for celebrating birthdays while having a drink with friends. The following places will help you plan a memorable event.
Chicago has many different musical tastes, from folk music to hardcore metal. Of the large number of clubs, organizations and music venues in Chicago, here are some of the best for discovering new artists.
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.407
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!