Mikkel Boedker scored 13:15 into overtime, and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night to take a 2-1 lead in their wild and physical opening-round Western Conference playoff series.
Travis Zajac and Patrik Elias scored in a shootout and Martin Brodeur made 37 saves and stopped four of five shooters to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews did not travel with the team to Ottawa Thursday and will miss Friday’s game against the Senators.
Marian Hossa scored twice as the struggling Chicago Blackhawks overcame an early two-goal deficit and defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-4 on Wednesday night to end a three-game losing streak.
Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews, defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson and defenseman Steve Montador did not travel with the team to Los Angeles Friday.
Daniel Sedin scored at 3:37 of overtime to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
Since their season ended, the Blackhawks have made a few newsworthy organizational moves, most of which involved the front office. Other than signing Corey Crawford, the Blackhawks haven’t really started securing their roster for next season.
The wild Western Conference quarterfinal series between Chicago and Vancouver has storylines aplenty, the most significant one deals with the Canucks’ goaltending.
Three periods of hockey wasn’t enough time for the Chicago Blackhawks and Vancouver Canucks to settle Game 6.
I should probably heed the trial lawyer’s rule, and not even ask a question about hockey without already knowing the answer.
Brendan Morrison had just signed a one-year contract with the Calgary Flames just days before he injured his knee in a game agaisnt the Chicago Blackhawks, and according to a report, was taunted coming off the ice.
Although Duncan Keith suffered a hand/finger injury in the Chicago Blackhawks’ win over the Toronto Maple Leafs, the defenseman is expected to pay against the Florida Panthers.
In the first period of Monday night’s 3-1 loss to the Calgary Flames, defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson injured his foot.
The Chicago Blackhawks have showed flashes of the brilliant play that won them the Stanley Cup last season. After two wins in a row, the Blackhawks look to keep things going against Colorado.
Before the Blackhawks and Islanders took the ice Sunday night, the ’61 Blackhawks team was honored. The night couldn’t have been more special than Chicago scoring five times and keeping the Islanders scoreless.
The Chicago Blackhawks struggled to score against the Dallas Stars. They pulled it together to tie in the second period, but could only come close in the third.
It hasn’t quite been the season that the Blackhawks were expecting. After winning the Stanley Cup and losing many of the key players from a season ago, the Blackhawks are hoping that a long road trip will help build chemistry.
It remains very early in the 2010-11 NHL season but to many Blackhawks fans the defending Stanley Cup Champions have been a disappointment through the teams first 17 games.
Blackhawks defenseman, Niklas Hjalmarsson, was suspended two games for his hit on Jason Pominville on Oct. 11. Today, Pominville was activated after missing nine games with a concussion.
The Blackhawks team, and defense specifically, should get a big boost starting tonight. Brian Campbell will make his season debut tonight in New York.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!