The teen was shot about 2 p.m. in the 6400 block of South Claremont Avenue in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Gunfire erupted in the West Pullman neighborhood Wednesday night, killing one man while leaving his younger brother with a gunshot wound to the leg.
Police shot an armed man who allegedly pointed a gun at them early Wednesday, shortly after he also pulled a gun on his stepfather at an Englewood home, according to a police union official. It was the second police involved shooting in a 24-hour period.
A 16-year-old girl died Monday night, after she was dropped off at a Far South Side Hospital, after she was shot in the head in the Roseland neighborhood.
An explosion Monday morning left a house on the verge of collapsing to the ground in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood.
Bond was set at $200,000 Monday for a South Side man accused in a hit-and-run crash that left a 4-year-old girl critically injured Saturday afternoon.
Police have a person of interest in custody for a hit-and-run accident that left a 4-year-old girl in critical condition Saturday afternoon.
An angry mother is demanding answers, after her young son told her he was threatened with a BB gun at a Chicago Public elementary school on the city’s Far South Side.
Several suspects were in police custody Monday morning, after police chased a carjacked van for about 10 miles on the city’s South Side.
The body found bound and beaten to death inside a plastic container in the Far South Side Roseland neighborhood has been identified as a missing northwest Indiana woman.
A rash of sexual assaults has been plaguing the West Pullman neighborhood for more than four months, police say.
Police in south suburban Riverdale are holding suspects in a home invasion overnight, which was followed by a standoff in another house.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!