Men were shot and killed overnight in separate incidents in the South Chicago and Englewood neighborhoods.
A second person arrested for the fatal shooting of 7-year-old Heaven Sutton was released without charges, a police spokesman said Saturday night.
A memorial service was held Friday for the 7-year-old Chicago girl who was caught in gang crossfire last week as authorities considered filing charges against a second suspect in the fatal shooting.
One day after a 7-year-old girl was gunned down as her mother watched while she sold lemonade in front of her West Side home, a ministers’ group is trying to persuade people to turn over the killer.
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said police have very good leads in the shooting death of a 7-year-old girl overnight, and he expects an arrest soon.
A 35-year-old man has been accused of forcing 12 girls into prostitution, and addicting them to heroin.
A man was in police custody Wednesday morning, after a chase that ended with a crash and shots fired by officers in the North Austin neighborhood.
Police say they have new leads Thursday morning in the murder of Officer Clifton Lewis, as the community pays its last respects.
A 6-year-old girl remained hospitalized as of midday Tuesday, after setting herself on fire as she played with a Bic lighter.
A 3-year-old boy was stabbed to death, and his mother was injured, in a domestic dispute Friday in the North Austin neighborhood.
Police are searching for a missing 16-year-old boy, who is off his medication and may be suicidal.
Police say a deadly accident on the city’s West Side started after a domestic dispute.
A 68-year-old man who went missing from the North Austin neighborhood has been found safe, police said on Monday.
Firefighters braved dangerous cold and unplowed streets to battle a blaze in the North Austin neighborhood.
As controversy heats up over a possible Wal-Mart store in New York City, an alderman from the West Side of Chicago is telling New Yorkers that Wal-Mart is a “boon.”
A man was arrested early this morning on the West Side, after he was chased by the father of a man he allegedly pistol-whipped and robbed.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!