North Avenue Beach
Some protesters are planning to get a few things off their chests – in a very literal sense – at North Avenue Beach over the weekend.
Yes, you could easily watch jets zoom overhead all day. Unfortunately, the Air & Water Show doesn’t last all day. What will you do with the rest of your time you spend at North Avenue Beach? Here’s a list of things to enjoy and and near North Avenue Beach. Don’t say we never gave you anything.
It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’ll be indistinguishable—whatever it is—if you don’t have a good spot to watch the Air & Water Show come August 20th and 21st. Whether it’s Superman or, even cooler, a Thunderbird jet you’re looking for in the sky, the following spots will offer an unobstructed and clear view for you – ensuring you’ll know exactly what you’re looking at.
The body of an Elgin man was found Monday morning on the lakefront bike path near North Avenue Beach.
A South Side man has been charged with trying to kidnap a small boy at North Avenue Beach on Saturday.
Chicago police moved fast Saturday after a father told an officer that a suspect tried to run off with his 2-year-old son.
Questions persist about why North Avenue Beach was really closed on Memorial Day. Emergency calls made that day seems to suggest concerns about the crowds, not the heat.
With school out and in the wake of mob attacks along the lakefront, the Chicago Police Department is making a big show of force along the beaches and Michigan Avenue.
It’s the hottest day of the year in Chicago, with a forecast just a few degrees short of an all-time record for the day.
Chicago’s new top cop tells CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine that North Avenue Beach was closed over heat concerns Monday, not for rumored fears about gangs.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson agrees the city was wise to shut down North Avenue Beach on Monday. He’s less supportive when it comes to the reason city officials have given for the evacuation.
A lot of residents and beachgoers still are not buying the city’s version of events about why the city closed the North Avenue Beach on Memorial Day.
Reporters wanted to know today whether it was really flash mob gang activity – not cases of heat exhaustion – that closed North Avenue Beach earlier this week.
Was it fear of a violent flash mob, heat sickness, or just too many people? The search for answers continues this morning about why North Avenue Beach was shut down on Memorial Day.
Chicago police closed North Avenue Beach Monday afternoon after five people were treated for heat exhaustion.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!