One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
The two males, ages 17 and 18, were traveling in a Dodge Neon in 2400 block of West Irving Park Road when a dark-colored SUV pulled alongside and at least one gunman inside opened fire.
From live bands to New Orleans cuisine, the Chicagoland area offers plenty of ways for you and your friends to have one last hurrah for Mardi Gras. Whether you want to dress up in costume or come as you are, there’s a party for just about everyone.
A man in a Chicago Cubs cap robbed a bank branch about 10 blocks west of Wrigley Field on Friday afternoon.
Three people are in police custody, following a shootout with police in the Northcenter neighborhood.
Firefighters remained on the scene early Tuesday, after flames roared through three homes in the North Center neighborhood, near the busy junction of Lincoln and Damen avenues and Irving Park Road.
A list of some of the best events for June. Don’t forget to wear pants when you go to these. You don’t want to get arrested for indecent exposure.
Chicago police and fire investigators are looking into several overnight Dumpster fires on the North Side.
Four people were displaced Tuesday morning in a fire that broke out on Irving Park Road in the St. Ben’s neighborhood.
A good Samaritan pitched in when a burglary suspect tried to disarm a Chicago Police officer and began biting and punching her in the North Center neighborhood early Sunday, police said.
To some, there’s nothing like a cold beer, but what if you could brew your own?
A bank was robbed this morning in the North Center neighborhood.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!