It was party time Thursday morning outside a West Side elementary school, where kids were getting out of school for the summer, and adults were encouraging students to say safe this summer, and come back in the fall without any empty seats.
Police said a 14-year-old boy was behind the wheel when the car he and a 22-year-old man were in crashed into a support beam in the North Lawndale neighborhood early Sunday, leaving the boy injured and the man dead.
Police want to know how an 18-month-old baby died this week in a graystone on the city’s West Side.
A rash of shootings around Chicago left one man dead and six others injured Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.
A woman died Sunday night after being shot multiple times in the face, head, chest and legs on the city’s West Side.
The family of a 22-year-old woman killed by bullets from the gun of an off-duty police officer has filed suit against the city and the officer who fired.
Four men were shot and wounded Thursday night in a drive-by attack in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
Many questions are cropping up following a rash of shootings involving Chicago Police officers, the most recent of which happened late Sunday night.
A woman who was shot by an off-duty Chicago Police detective has died and man who was shot in the same confrontation has been charged with assault.
Two people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after they were shot by an off-duty Chicago Police officer in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood.
Seven people were killed and 18 more were wounded – including a Chicago Police officer – in a violent weekend on the streets of Chicago.
A 28-year-old man is dead after being shot less than a block from his home Wednesday in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel and his family took part in a day of service on the West Side on Monday for the Martin Luther King holiday.
A man was shot and killed Thursday night after a gunman came up behind him in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
A Lawndale man shot his brother in both legs during an argument over clothes, then fatally shot a 74-year-old man who saw the initial shooting and asked what was going on, prosecutors said.
An 18-year-old boy is dead after being shot in the shoulder in the North Lawndale neighborhood overnight.
Violence in Chicago in the overnight hours left at least one person dead and six others injured.
A man has been charged after throwing a baby at a Chicago Police officer during a West Side kidnapping call.
Five people were injured in a rash of shootings Wednesday, all of which happened in broad daylight.
A 19-year-old man was shot to death late Saturday in the North Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!