A 42-year-old woman died after being pulled from the Chicago River on the North Side Sunday afternoon.
Police are warning Lincoln Park residents about four recent burglaries in the North Side neighborhood.
The North Side’s Argyle Red Line stop will close for up to six weeks starting Friday as crews work on long overdue repairs to the century-old station.
Emergency crews are responding to reports of a building collapse.
A woman visiting from Texas performed CPR on a 60-year-old man she found unresponsive in the waters of Lake Michigan on Sunday in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
Six people were injured Sunday afternoon when a vehicle and a church van collided on Lake Shore Drive.
Six people were injured in a crash in the North Side Uptown neighborhood early Sunday.
A man was shot early Sunday in the Lathrop Homes public housing development, police said.
At least nine people were hurt in shootings across the city late Friday into early Saturday.
A Tuesday autopsy determined that an elderly woman died in part from the heat — the 19th heat-related death in Cook County in a week.
A 10-year-old girl was among 16 people shot across the city Tuesday night and early Wednesday.
A large tree fell on a vehicle, trapping a person inside Sunday afternoon in the North Side Sauganash neighborhood.
A possible hostage-barricade situation on the North Side ended Saturday afternoon after police cleared the home and found no one inside.
Some North Side residents might have a new garbage day starting Monday.
Construction work means delays and station closings for CTA ‘L’ riders in the Loop and at one north side Red Line station.
A Metra train struck and killed a pedestrian at the Ravenswood station Tuesday afternoon on the North Side.
Emergency crews rescued three kayakers from Lake Michigan early Saturday near Diversey Harbor on the North Side.
Tanning and nail salons in the affluent Lincoln Park neighborhood have seen an increase in unusual robberies in recent days.
A north side PNC Bank branch was robbed late Tuesday morning.
Residents will soon start seeing changes in the garbage collection schedule–all in an attempt to save taxpayers millions of dollars.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 7 hours ago