A Northwest Indiana woman is among the victims of Monday’s deadly bombing at the Boston Marathon.
Police in Northwest Indiana may be filing more charges against a former Chicago doctor accused of sexual battery, reports WBBM”s Veronica Carter.
Eastbound travel has resumed on Interstate 80/94 after a morning crash closed the expressway to one direction of travel Monday morning.
A woman died from smoke inhalation Friday morning after a fire started in her home in the 5000 block of Indiana 10 in Newton County.
As most of Chicago woke up to another day of single digit temperatures, folks in Northwest Indiana were dealing with something many of us haven’t seen in a while: snow.
An 8-year-old boy died Saturday when he was struck by a train in northwest Indiana.
At some businesses, the plows are ready, the trucks filled with salt. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley reports.
The discovery of a body in rural Lake County, Ind. on Sunday prompted investigators there to wonder whether it could be that of missing Calumet City woman Gena Chiodo, whose boyfriend has been charged with her murder.
A high wind advisory that had been in place for parts of the Chicago area for much of the day has been cancelled, but a lakeshore flood warning remains in effect until early Wednesday, due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Mark Weinberger, who ran a Merrillville nose and sinus clinic until he disappeared during a European vacation, pleaded guilty to 22 counts of health care fraud in a deal that called for a sentence of no more than of 10 years in prison.
Federal indictments rained down Thursday on three Lake County elected officials, a former Merrillville Town Court clerk, the former director of the East Chicago Public Library and a Munster businessman.
The showers that made this Friday morning gloomy have largely moved on their way, but look for a major drop in the temperature accompanying the sunny skies when the weekend begins.
Police in Northwest Indiana are looking for a man driving a pickup truck after an incident of road rage near Gary.
The showers Thursday morning have fizzled out, and the clouds will give way to some sunshine and seasonably hot temperatures.
Another torrent of complaints are expected to cascade into the petroleum giant BP – in the wake of a bad batch of gas that was sold in at least three states.
One person is dead, and three others are in jail, after a home invasion turned into a dramatic police chase in Northwest Indiana.
PEOTONE, Ill. (CBS) — The latest Illiana Expressway proposals go before the public Tuesday and Wednesday night in Illinois and Northwest Indiana. As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, the Illinois and Indiana transportation departments will […]
Three people have been arrested after a fight at a water park in Northwest Indiana, in which someone hurled a hammer through the windshield of a car.
An Aurora man who had been reported missing at the Indiana Dunes has been found safe.
Divers, helicopters and rescue teams combed the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore for most of Monday, in search of an Indiana teenager who vanished while swimming in Lake Michigan.
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.138
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.136
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!