One man was killed and nine were wounded in shootings across the city that began Wednesday afternoon and continued until just past midnight Thursday.
Five people, at least one of them a child, were injured in a traffic crash on the Portage Park neighborhood Tuesday morning.
A man found dead at his Northwest side home Monday night had suffered head trauma so severe that investigators at first had a hard time determining how exactly he died.
Antonio Lamont Nettles is accused of accused of sexually assaulting one woman and beating another in two Northwest Side attacks on April 13.
Even in the full light of day the fear is still there, CBS 2’s Chris Martinez reports.
A body was found in a garage fire on the Northwest Side Sunday night, police said.
The FBI identified the man as “The Bully Bandit” and reminded the public there is a $15,000 reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction.
Police are looking for a missing 82-year-old woman who was often seen pushing a shopping cart while collecting recyclables near her Northwest Side Hermosa neighborhood home.
The body of a 40-year-old woman was pulled from the North Branch of the Chicago River Tuesday morning on the Northwest Side.
Two people were hospitalized Friday morning, after a road rage shooting in the Portage Park neighborhood led to a two-vehicle crash a couple miles away in the Jefferson Park neighborhood.
Jim Diaz, 25, faces first-degree murder charges in connection with the death of his roommate, Eber Ochoa-Deleon.
The man, 28, was stabbed in the chest about 7:15 p.m. in the 4800 block of North Drake Avenue.
Sabastian Pruchniakowski, 22, faces charges for attempted first-degree murder and aggravated domestic battery in connection with the attack, which occurred at home, according to police.
Aspira Charter School’s Mirta Ramirez high school campus on the Northwest Side and Betty Shabazz Charter School’s DuSable campus on the South Side are being recommended for closure through a phase-out process.
A 73-year-old woman died Thursday morning in a fire at her home in the Northwest Side Old Irving neighborhood.
Spider-Man is supposed to catch the crooks just like flies, not be one himself.
A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
A man is dead after being hit by a car on Chicago’s Northwest Side.
A woman died Monday night after the van she was driving hit a telephone pole before it struck a tree on the Northwest Side, police said.
Nine people have been wounded in shootings across the city since Friday night, police said.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!