An autopsy was scheduled for Friday on a 57-year-old construction worker from Indiana, who died in an accident on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University.
A Northwestern University student was found dead in a university building Sunday, Pioneer Press is reporting.
New Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins got a slice of good news Friday afternoon when forward Drew Crawford announced that he will remain at Northwestern for his final year of eligibility during the 2013-14 season.
History buffs can have loads of fun surfing the Internet on a new online exhibit marking the 50th anniversary of the dedication of O’Hare International Airport.
An expert in Asian affairs hears the sound of political signals as well as saber rattling from inside North Korea.
Chris Collins was introduced as Northwestern’s 24th head men’s basketball coach Tuesday. But that may have been the second most important development inside Welsh-Ryan Arena.
Northwestern University basketball will try out “Purple Pricing,” designed by economics professor Jeffrey Ely to increase revenue and fairness, and also decrease the number of empty seats at low-interest games.
There hasn’t been much need for snow shovels in the Chicago area this year, or salt for the driveway, but there has been a run on humidifiers, due to the unusually dry conditions this winter.
Kirk Herbstreit might want to shoo them out of South Beach, but the Northern Illinois Huskies will nevertheless be playing in a BCS game tonight when they butt helmets with Florida State during the 2013 Orange Bowl.
When it comes to college football, the state of Illinois has an attendance deficit.
Northwestern’s chances of making the school’s first-ever NCAA Tournament didn’t get any better Friday when news broke that senior Drew Crawford’s season was over after suffering a shoulder injury.
With no games scheduled until Monday, the Northwestern basketball team is taking a break this week. But here in the meantime, what I’m wondering is if the Northwestern basketball program will ever decide to break away from coach Bill Carmody.
Reggie Hearn scored 14 points and Northwestern’s defense did the rest Sunday in an 80-53 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson.
As a Cook County judge granted the former Prentice Women’s Hospital building a three-week stay of execution, the Chicago Architecture Foundation opened an exhibit that features more than 80 designs that would preserve the structure.
The wrecking ball won’t claim the former Prentice Women’s Hospital building for at least three more weeks.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks is expected to soon weigh in on whether to demolish the distinctive concrete cloverleaf building that once housed Prentice Women’s Hospital.
Harsha Maddula, an 18-year-old sophomore, was last seen early Saturday, leaving an off-campus party.
Family and friends are now offering a $25,000 reward as they intensify the search for Northwestern University student Harsha Maddula, who has been missing since the weekend.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is not choosing sides in the battle over what to do with the building on Northwestern University’s Chicago campus that was Prentice Women’s Hospital – at least not publicly – and seems to be trying to play peacemaker in the debate between the university and preservationists.
A desperate search is underway for a missing student at Northwestern University.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!