Collins’ Blue Devil blood alone is probably enough to get most Illini fans’ own boiling, but he may also elevate the rivalry in other ways both on and off the court in Evanston.
Though new Northwestern basketball coach Chris Collins, currently an assistant coach for Duke, claims his focus right now is winning a National Championship with the Blue Devils, he called the Wildcats job “everything I was looking for.”
Chris Collins will indeed be the next head coach at Northwestern.
As multiple reports Tuesday indicate Northwestern will hire Duke assistant Chris Collins as its next head coach, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein joined 670 The Score’s Adam Hoge to talk about the potential hire.
Duke associate head coach and Illinois native Chris Collins is the heavy frontrunner to replace Bill Carmody at Northwestern.
Bill Carmody is officially out at Northwestern, ending a 13-year run that did not include any NCAA Tournament berths.
The general consensus is that Carmody’s job is in the hands of Phillips right now, but a new question was raised after Thursday’s loss: Does Carmody even want to return?
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
He needs to cut the cord with Bill Carmody. Then, if NU’s AD is as smart as NU’s student body, he’ll make every effort to replace him with Duke associate head coach Chris Collins, a prodigal North Shore son who would fit Evanston like a winter glove.
I can thank 150 of my new friends in the Orange Krush, the University of Illinois’ famous student basketball cheering section that’s become infamous throughout the Big Ten for hijacking the opposition’s stadiums.
Northwestern University basketball will try out “Purple Pricing,” designed by economics professor Jeffrey Ely to increase revenue and fairness, and also decrease the number of empty seats at low-interest games.
Jared Swopshire’s collegiate career came to a premature end Tuesday when the Northwestern senior guard had to have arthroscopic surgery on his right knee.
Devyn Marble broke a lengthy slump with 21 points and Iowa beat Northwestern 71-57 on Saturday to snap a two-game losing streak.
The Chicago Cubs and Northwestern University announced what they are calling an “innovative, multi-year event and reciprocal marketing partnership” Tuesday that will include five Wildcats football games at Wrigley Field.
Northwestern needed a nearly flawless performance to have a chance of upsetting top-ranked Michigan. Instead, it was the Wolverines who opened up a comfortable lead with a stellar display of shooting at the outset.
Jared Swopshire scored 16 points to lead Northwestern to a 55-48 victory over No. 12 Minnesota on Wednesday night.
Cody Zeller had 21 points and 13 rebounds to help No. 2 Indiana beat Northwestern 67-59 Sunday.
Aaron White led a balanced attack with 17 points as Iowa snapped a 3-game Big Ten losing streak with a 70-50 victory over Northwestern on Sunday afternoon.
Fans are reacting to Northwestern’s victory in the Gator Bowl by buying tickets and souvenirs – lots of them.
The stuffed monkey spent the last year in storage, out of sight but still in everyone’s mind. Coach Pat Fitzgerald dusted it off for the Gator Bowl and even had it on the sideline Tuesday as a reminder of Northwestern’s decades-long, bowl losing streak — the ol’ monkey on their backs. Now, it’s in pieces.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!