Not Guilty Plea
Thomas Chmura is accused of attempting to lure four children into his vehicle on April 25 and April 26. The children were all females, ages 14, 12, 12 and 11.
The two men charged with murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton pleaded innocent on Thursday.
A former basketball coach at a South Side charter school pleaded not guilty Tuesday to sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in the South Chicago neighborhood, and also asked a judge to lower his $500,000 bond.
A northwest Indiana woman pleaded not guilty Monday morning to selling a child to a man, who also pleaded not guilty, to make child pornography, the Post-Tribune is reporting.
Jason Logsdon, who took on the media-created “Bad Hair Bandit” moniker after allegedly robbing several salons throughout the Chicago area, pled not guilty Friday to five counts of armed robbery, Pioneer Press is reporting.
The Waukegan High School safety officer accused of having sex with a student faces a mandatory prison sentence if he is convicted, Judge Christopher Stride said Thursday.
A Highland Park teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges she huffed a cleaning product before her car slammed into a family on Labor Day, killing a 5-year-old girl.
A suburban teen has pleaded not guilty to allegedly trying to set off what he thought was a car bomb next to a Chicago bar.
A Naperville man has pleaded not guilty to the stabbing death of a school teacher inside a nightclub last month.
A man who was recorded on a Cook County Jail phone confessing to the slaying of a man and a woman in their Albany Park neighborhood home last year pleaded not guilty to the murders on Tuesday.
A Wilmette man pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges alleging he beat his aunt to death with a baseball bat on Christmas Day.
An elderly orthodontist pleaded not guilty Tuesday to fondling a 13-year-old patient last summer at his Northwest Side office.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!