Imagine paying $10,000 a month for skilled nursing home care for your loved one only to have the unthinkable happen. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Multiple ambulances were called to a Gold Coast neighborhood nursing home Thursday morning when a car fire was accompanied by heavy smoke and triggered the building’s sprinkler system.
The family of a Joliet nursing home resident is suing the facility, alleging it failed to prevent the abuse of as many as two dozen patients.
Family members say they hope they’ll find justice and prevent another family from feeling the pain they’re experiencing now.
A published report says an Oak Park nursing home failed to report a fight between two residents that left an Alzheimer’s patient dead earlier this week.
An 80-year-old man with Alzheimer’s disease was beaten to death at an Oak Park nursing home and police said Tuesday it appears another resident is to blame.
Police were asking for help in locating a 61-year-old woman who went missing from a West Side nursing home on Wednesday.
Lightning is suspected of causing a Saturday morning fire that forced more than 50 seniors to leave a nursing home in west suburban Lombard.
A 56-year-old employee of a southwest suburban nursing home has been charged raping a 93-year-old resident of the facility who suffers from dementia, police said.
A 57-year-old nursing home resident died earlier this week from a fall after he apparently tried to sneak out of his Northwest Side facility using tied bedsheets.
A nursing home supervisor repeatedly allowed an employee to give excessive doses of morphine to patients, including at least one who died of a morphine overdose.
A statewide initiative that is aimed at protecting residents of nursing homes has lead to the arrest of four residents of a south suburban nursing home who had outstanding criminal warrants.
Officials believe a fire in a West Side nursing home this morning was deliberately set.
An elderly man was struck and killed by an SUV Tuesday night after apparently walking away from the nursing home where he lived in northwest suburban Mount Prospect.
Police are looking for the vandals who shot out the windows in three buildings in St. Charles this past weekend, including a nursing home.
A new published report says 13 children and young adults have died at a Rogers Park facility for people with profound disabilities.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!