Police in one southwest suburb plan to stick a lot of paper on the windshields of cars this Spring. They’re not tickets however. As CBS2’s Mike Parker reports they are messages intended to fight crime.
Jessie Rodriguez has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of a 3-year-old girl in southwest suburban Oak Forest, according to a release from Oak Forest Police.
Two people were injured this morning in a townhouse fire in south suburban Oak Forest, reports WBBM’s Bernie Tafoya.
On Friday night, Patrick Bruce of Oak Forest crashed into a car being driven by 25-year-old Anasis Knox of Downers Grove, who was out with her step-father shopping for a car.
A south suburban man was charged Saturday with first-degree murder and aggravated arson after his wife was strangled before her body was found in their burned-out home Dec. 18, police said.
One of the victims of a fatal house fire in Oak Forest Tuesday had injuries “not related” to the blaze, authorities said, though they declined to elaborate.
Fire officials are investigating the cause of an early morning apartment fire that claimed the life of Stanley Chmura.
The search continued Friday for a man who stabbed two 17-year-old boys late Wednesday in southwest suburban Oak Forest.
A $100,000 prize has pitted two south suburbs against each other over a new dog park.
A new Oak Forest Metra train station that has been talked about for at least five years finally has a date with a groundbreaking shovel.
A convicted felon was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday for his role in a 2006 home invasion in which the homeowner and his family were terrorized at gunpoint by offenders who mistakenly believed there were drugs and money stashed in the house.
Police are seeking a two teenage girls who are missing from the same group home on the South Side.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has shut down over 500 swimming pools state-wide, including nine south suburban high schools and dozens of other area locations from hotels to condo associations to community pools.
A man who was already being held on $3 million bond for shooting his girlfriend was given an additional $2 million bond on Tuesday for shooting his ex-girlfriend on Friday.
Two teens have been charged with a string of burglaries in south suburban forest preserves.
Autopsies were inconclusive on two elderly women who died Thursday when the car they were riding in collided with a Metra Rock Island District train.
Two women died when they drove in front of a Metra Rock Island District train in an unincorporated area between Tinley Park and Oak Forest.
The estate of a southwest suburban man has been given a large jury award, more than three years after he died from contaminated blood-thinning drugs.
Police say it was an honest misunderstanding when authorities thought an Oak Forest man was holed up at home, possibly with hostages and explosives, last week.
A man has been taken to an institution, after pulling a hoax in Oak Forest last week by making police think he was an armed and dangerous hostage-taker.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.237
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!