The stars know where you can find love, Cancer. Somewhere large and indoors. A place of perpetual sales and bright fluorescent lights. They employ your grandfather–a man who put in 40 years at the plant and deserves a break, dammit–as a door greeter making minimum wage. The amount of misery their employees go through is only rivaled by the amount of money you can save by shopping there.
Funeral directors on Friday held the visitation for the 15-year-old Chicago teen who performed at President Obama’s inauguration festivities only to be gunned down days later on the South Side.
The White House has released a photo of President Barack Obama firing a gun, two days before he heads to Minnesota to discuss gun control.
The proposed federal rule would put the onus on health insurance companies to provide birth control to female employees of religious institutions.
14 local high school students are heading to Washington this morning to watch President Obama’s swearing in ceremony.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says the Commander-in-Chief’s Cabinet stands to lose any sense of gender balance in his second term.
A spokesman for President Obama says the former Illinois state lawmaker is urging the General Assembly here to approve gay-marriage legislation, the Sun-Times is reporting.
Obama supporters and Romney backers at Manny’s Deli are united about one thing: They’re out of patience with all the politicking. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Crowds continued to cast early-voting ballots across Chicago Monday, even as President Obama and his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, suspended campaign activities because of Hurricane Sandy.
Well in this world, the real one, if you look up at the sky in the hope of finding out something about your future, the Moon will most likely give you the middle finger, then tell you your comb over looks horrible from his/her vantage point. Even from way up there in space.
Pisces, we all know you’d lie (and lay) your mother right into a shallow grave–telling her everything’s going to be alright as you shovel dirt onto her face–if it meant getting ahead in the world. And Leo, you’re no lion – your roar lacks its bite. You might have a great smile and a tender heart, but you couldn’t scare a Middle Eastern bully if your lunch money depended on it…
An outspoken and controversial shopkeeper who has been a fixture in Lincoln Square for the past dozen years has been targeted by a vandal.
Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican candidate for president, was expected to rake in millions of dollars Thursday.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson is discouraged that President Obama and his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney, are raising so much cash while real problems persist.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood came to Chicago with $44 million, and much of it will go to repair about 3.5 miles of CTA Blue Line track between Damen and Belmont. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
At least four top White House officials will be in attendance at Maggie Daley’s funeral Monday.
President Obama, who turns 50 this week, has scheduled a trip to his hometown of Chicago on Wednesday to raise additional cash for his campaign fund and other Democrats.
CBS 2′s Jim Williams spoke with one Chicago soldier for his reaction to the planned troop cutbacks in Afghanistan.
The Chicago-based Democrat on Monday confirmed what we’ve all suspected the moment he took office in 2009 — that he will indeed pursue another term. An online video and email sent to supporters made it official.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!