CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez reports for some women, the study itself has their hearts pumping.
It’s the viral video that has everyone talking. A TV news anchor in La Crosse, Wis., turned a hateful letter into something positive for her and millions of other women.
I’m not big on hot weather, but one good thing about it is the big bellies I see on the beach that remind me to be careful about what I eat, because being overweight causes heart disease.
Surveys show most school bus drivers are on the road to serious health problems. CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley found a local bus company that’s helping its workers slim down.
A new study out today raises some serious concerns about unborn babies and the potential for autism.
The American Cancer Society is awarding $250,000 in anti-obesity grants to help children learn to think healthy at a younger age.
The Chicago alderman behind the city’s 5-cent tax on bottled water is now setting his sights on soda drinkers.
If you are overweight, you might be at risk for specific cancer cases, but as the American Cancer Society announced Wednesday, the more common cancer groups are on the decline.
CHICAGO (CBS) — A Northwestern University researcher says the current generation of adolescents is the unhealthiest in U.S. history. As WBBM Newsradio’s Regine Schlesinger reports, Dr. Donald Lloyd-Jones of the Feinberg School of Medicine at […]
The Land of Lincoln is becoming the land of the large.
Would a $2 bottle of fattening soda have Americans drinking less and slimming down? As CBS 2’s Vince Gerasole reports, some doctors think a big fat soda tax is the answer.
If you’re young and religious, are you more prone to obesity by middle age? A new study by Northwestern University says yes.
Mile-for-mile, the Chicago area is chock full of couch potatoes.
As Americans collectively fight the battle of the bulge and the ever-expanding national waistline, more and more people who have reached potentially dangerous weights are turning to surgery as a means to shed excess pounds.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!