From the East Coast to the West Coast, recycling is a big issue for local governments.
New figures show October home foreclosures up nearly 20 percent in Illinois, compared with a year ago.
Temperatures dropped below freezing overnight in several parts of Chicagoland–ushering in a slightly earlier-than-normal end to the growing season.
Employers this month announced virtually the same number of job cuts as in October, according to the Challenger, Gray and Christmas monthly survey.
Illinois home foreclosure activity rose 9.7 percent in October compared to the previous month.
There is a glimmer of hope on the jobs front this Wednesday, as planned job cuts by businesses plummeted last month.
The Bears will take to the field at Wembley Stadium in London for a game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in October, assuming the ongoing labor dispute doesn’t alter the NFL season.
Illinois’ unemployment rate fell to 9.8 percent in October as the state added another 8,000 jobs.
Total crime in Chicago was down 3.7 percent in October compared to last year during the same period, and property and violent index offenses similarly declined at 2 percent and 9.8 percent respectively, Chicago Police Superintendent Jody P. Weis announced on Sunday.
It was dry too in some areas of Illinois.
Watching the MLB playoffs the last two days makes me feel like the two teams in town (Cubs/White Sox) are just so far away from the level of play these eight teams are displaying right […]
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!