Two Cook County Jail guards were charged Thursday with arranging the beating of an 18-year-old inmate after he short-circuited power in the jail.
A Cook County Circuit Court employee has been charged with stealing $3,500 in traffic ticket payments, the fourth clerk’s office employee to face criminal charges this year, prosecutors announced Tuesday.
Former Knox High School boys basketball coach Todd Boldry was arrested by Knox police Friday morning at Knox Middle School for two felony charges, child seduction and official misconduct.
A former administrator of west suburban Bellwood has been charged with stealing more than half a million dollars from the village.
A Cook County Jail officer faces prison time for allegedly hitting an inmate and knocking him down.
A south suburban police officer accused of tripping a teen and later grabbing him by the throat after the boy made a wisecrack was found not guilty during a bench trial on Monday.
A former Indiana State Police commander is likely to find out in a couple of months what it’s like to be on the other side of a prison cell.
An Elmwood Park code inspector was arrested by Cook County Sheriff’s police for allegedly filing a false inspection report on a rental property he owns.
The admissions came as retired trooper Juan Rodriguez pleaded guilty to child pornography and official misconduct charges.
A police officer was indicted on aggravated battery and official misconduct charges for allegedly tripping a teen and later grabbing him by the throat after the boy made a wisecrack.
Two Chicago Police officers accused of sexually assaulting women on the North Side earlier this year while on duty were indicted on Wednesday.
A Chicago Police sergeant is facing felony charges, after he was allegedly captured on video slapping a handcuffed man three times in the face.
The chairman of the Kane County Board is calling on the county’s embattled coroner to step down, according to a Friday morning report.
A judge has refused to throw out misconduct charges against Kane County Coroner Chuck West.
The misconduct trial of a former suburban police officer has wrapped up and is now in the hands of the judge.
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.98
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!