There have been some unusual thefts at O’Hare Airport. The passengers being targeted are leaving Chicago and traveling internationally, only to have thousands of dollars and gold stolen before they depart.
Federal officials say flights from Japan have been screened as a precaution but no passengers have been contaminated.
Americans arrived at O’Hare Airport on the first flight from Tokyo since the earthquake hit Japan.
More than 220 flights have been canceled at Chicago’s airports Sunday due to rain conditions in the Chicago area that have triggered a flood advisory.
The weather was springlike this New Year’s Eve, but the skies were volatile, as rain and thunder erupted over the course of the day.
The woman injured her hand in the accident, which occurred near O’Hare Airport.
Airlines are clearing away some of the backlog after the massive storm in the East Coast. But not quickly enough for some passengers. Many still are stuck at O’Hare International Airport. CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.
Getting home from the holidays is on hold for hundreds of thousands of travelers. The massive blizzard that buried the East Coast has left people stranded at airports all over the country, including here in Chicago.
CHICAGO (STMW) – O’Hare Airport has been named the best — again.
Blustery winds have hit the area and snow continues to fall Sunday, as severe winter weather moving across the Midwest is wreaking havoc for travelers at Chicago’s airports.
Officials downplayed the severity of the event, saying there were no injuries.
The weather is proving to be a bigger problem for travelers than a planned “opt-out” protest at airports across the country. So far Wednesday, it’s much ado about nothing.
A Michigan man who allegedly tried to take a loaded gun onto an airplane at O’Hare was ordered held on bail,
A water main break has caused some minor problems in the International Terminal at O’Hare Airport.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!