He’s three inches shorter, five pounds lighter and unlikely to be named National Player of the Year (or go No. 2 in the NBA Draft), but that doesn’t mean Brandon Paul can’t still pull an Evan Turner this season.
Alex Anzalone, one of the nation’s top linebacking recruits, has announced he will no longer attend Ohio State after he learned he spent time with a convicted sex offender on a recruiting trip to Columbus.
Kansas (32-6) plays Kentucky in the final Monday.
It will be the Buckeyes’ first trip to the NCAA semifinals since 2007.
Deshaun Thomas scored 26 points and Jared Sullinger had 23 points and 11 rebounds to lead second-seeded Ohio State to an 81-66 victory over No. 6 seed Cincinnati on Thursday night, putting the Buckeyes in the East Regional finals.
Jared Sullinger added 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Buckeyes (28-7), who dominated the smaller Greyhounds inside, finishing with a 49-24 rebound advantage.
Glenbard West football star Tommy Schutt has decided not to go to Penn State, in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse scandal.
Braxton Miller threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Devin Smith with 20 seconds left to give Ohio State a 33-29 victory over No. 12 Wisconsin on Saturday night.
Off to their first 6-0 start since 1951, the Illini moved up to No. 16 in the AP poll and No. 15 in the USA Today Coaches poll.
Former Ohio State star receiver Dane Sanzenbacher and the Bears have agreed on a contract, giving Chicago 26 undrafted free agents.
Ohio State will avoid the always serious “failure to monitor” charge that could have resulted in a postseason or television ban.
An evaluation of former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel’s job performance in 2005-06 rated him as “unacceptable” in self-reporting violations in a timely manner.
When NFL players decertified their union months ago, it was a cosmetic, procedural move to pave the way for antitrust litigation in an attempt to gain leverage against owners bent on grabbing a bigger share of the profits.
The Ohio State University and its football program have been shook by the scandal that involved some of it’s high profile players trading memorabilia for cash and tattoos. On Friday, the school imposed their own penalties.
Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith says he’s disappointed with “where we are” in terms of NCAA violations by its football program and the sanctions that will come with it.
Ohio State University on Tuesday dropped its review of car purchases by football players and family members after two separate investigations found dealerships made money on almost all of the sales.
After an investigation into the car purchases by Ohio State football players, the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles says it found no evidence players received improper deals.
After leaving Ohio State amidst scandal and probable NCAA sanctions, Terrelle Pryor apologized on Tuesday, saying he’s “sorry for my conduct off the field.”
After leaving Ohio State amidst scandal and an NCAA investigation, former Buckeye quarterback Terrelle Pryor has hired Drew Rosenhaus as his agent and set his sights on an NFL supplemental draft.
The once proud Ohio State football program suffered a black eye as a result of scandals involving head coach Jim Tressel and star quarterback Terrelle Pryor. According to university President E. Gordon Gee, the scandal is “but a temporary condition.”
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!