An Austin woman allegedly used money she stole from the man she helped kill to get her nails done and purchase “new hair” to replace the strands she lost during the deadly struggle.
At least eight people have been wounded in shootings on the city’s South and West sides between Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Three people have been killed on Chicago roads since Monday afternoon.
With less than a week to go until the NATO summit, there are growing signs of the extra security that’s going into place in time for the arrival of NATO delegates this weekend.
Two people were in the hospital Thursday morning, after a motorist slammed into a cab and a window washing van in River North – knocking the window washer right off the scaffolding mounted on top.
Traffic was light Monday morning as many drivers had the day off for Presidents’ Day, but getting around on the Kennedy Expressway was still difficult after four vehicles were involved in a crash.
A sport-utility vehicle went out of control and slammed into a side wall on the inbound Kennedy Expressway early Tuesday, leaving the driver slightly injured and causing a massive traffic jam approaching downtown.
An accident snagged early-morning traffic early Friday on the Magnificent Mile.
A car crashed into a popular breakfast spot in the Streeterville neighborhood overnight, following a quarrel between two drivers.
It turns out that a man whose body was found in an alley just north of downtown was actually hit by a car.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!