Mayor Rahm Emanuel will be spending the next two weekends travelling to Florida and Ohio to campaign for President Barack Obama.
Two weeks after a Siberian Husky was reunited with her owner in McHenry County, five years after the dog disappeared, a former Chicago family’s 12-year-old Yorkshire Terrier, lost for 2 ½ years, has been found in north suburban Grayslake.
The Nittany Lions let an 11-point halftime lead slip away and Ohio quarterback Tyler Tettleton accounted for three second-half touchdowns to hand Bill O’Brien a 24-14 loss in his debut as Penn State head coach.
The childhood home of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer is up for sale. The northern Ohio home was the site of Dahmer’s first murder in 1978.
A top-level official with the Chicago City Colleges has been fired, just weeks after he was hired, for lying on his application.
Obama spent his speech blaming the Republican Congress for the nation’s woes and his own inability to accomplish what he knows he hasn’t accomplished.
John Groce has been hired as the new men’s basketball coach for Illinois.
A freight train derailment in Indiana caused some travel trouble for people headed to Chicago on Tuesday.
The top-seeded Tar Heels escaped a huge upset with a 73-65 victory over 13th-seeded Ohio on Friday night in the Midwest Regional semifinals.
Ohio shot 51.2 percent and held Michigan to 40.7 percent shooting, including 7 for 23 from 3-point range, typically the Wolverines’ comfort zone.
Super Tuesday is seen as a major turning point in the 2012 Republican Presidential Primary race; Mitt Romney hopes to extend his delegate lead and finally cement his front-runner status with multiple wins across the country.
An Ohio man has been indicted for swindling more than $300,000 from several churches and small businesses, including three churches in Chicago.
Urban Meyer has accepted the job as Ohio State football coach, according to ESPN.
Sears is showing its strongest signs yet that it is likely to move its headquarters out of Illinois.
Some Great Lakes States are putting pressure on the federal government to wall off the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal to stop the spread of Asian carp.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players’ Association executive director DeMaurice Smith shook hands and hugged Friday as they signed a new collective bargaining agreement.
President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and didn’t move to Chicago until he was 23 years old, but nevertheless, he proved Friday that he is, in fact, a true Chicagoan.
A plane headed for Chicago made an emergency landing in Dayton, Ohio, Friday morning, and two passengers were taken to the hospital.
A United Express plane flying from O’Hare International Airport skidded off the runway as it landed in Ohio early this morning.
A Chicago man, whose father was murdered more than a decade ago, is trying to stop the execution of the man who was convicted of the murder.
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaThe massive EF-4 tornado to hit Moore, Okla., is rare, but twisters with that kind of force have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- Lightning Strikes Damage Two Homes OvernightAt least two homes in the Chicago area were struck by lightning overnight as heavy thunderstorms plowed through the region.198
- Police Seek Help Identifying Female Homicide VictimPolice are asking for help to identify the body of woman or teen girl found strangled and badly burned in a Northwest Side Avondale neighborhood Dumpster Sunday night.137
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!