After another disappointing season that included just two Big East wins, four DePaul players have received permission to seek a transfer to a different school.
So, big-time college basketball looks to finally be coming back to the Windy City.
Shabazz Napier and Alex Oriakhi each put up double-doubles and Connecticut, playing its fourth straight game without ailing coach Jim Calhoun, beat DePaul 80-54 on Wednesday night.
On Thursday, DePaul announced their home and away opponents for the 2011-12 Big East schedule.
Over the summer, the DePaul men’s basketball team will head to France for a 10-day excursion titled “In the Footsteps of St. Vincent.” The trip will last from Aug. 11-21 with stops for the team and fans in Paris, Toulouse and Nice.
The DePaul Blue Demons continue to add to their impressive recruiting class. On Wednesday, the school announced that Baltimore-native Montray Clemons has signed a National Letter of Intent.
Shaka Smart is the hottest name among all college basketball coaches right now. He’s taken an 11th seed Virginia Commonwealth team to the Final Four. But not too long ago he was a part of Oliver Purnell’s staff.
The next seven days are the toughest of the year for the DePaul Blue Demons men’s basketball team.
It is tough to stay patient with a young team who hasn’t won a conference game this season, but patient is what coach Oliver Purnell continues to be with his struggling DePaul Blue Demons men’s basketball team.
The DePaul Blue Demons are having another disappointing season. They’re 6-17 overall and an even worse 0-11 in the Big East.
When Oliver Purnell took over the job as head coach of the DePaul Blue Demons he knew that he would have his work cut out for him. And he knew the Big Est Conference wouldn’t make things any easier.
Oliver Purnell was known as a good recruiter before he stepped on to the campus of DePaul University. And already in his first season, Purnell has started to see some production from his young players.
DePaul had a rough start Saturday entering the new year as they played Georgetown. After falling short in the first half, the Blue Demons pushed for a second half comeback but only gave the Hoyas a scare.
The DePaul Blue Demons took a 14 point lead over the Florida Atlantic Owls during the first half and finished the game nine points ahead. This makes it the third straight victory for DePaul.
The DePaul Blue Demons defeated Chicago State for their season opener. This earned DePaul’s new coach Oliver Purnell his first win at DePaul also.
by Adam Harris Lincoln Park, IL – One of the most important questions going into this year’s DePaul Blue Demon’s basketball season is lack of experience, and Blue Demon Head Coach Oliver Purnell addressed that issue today. “I […]
It’s an idea that makes a lot of sense, but has never gained any steam. Why don’t all of the Chicago-area college basketball teams play each other in a yearly challenge?
New DePaul head coach Oliver Purnell has already heard plenty of naysayers doubt his efforts to turnaround the DePaul basketball program. It is that doubt that fuels Purnell to restore DePaul to the program that it once was.
The DePaul Blue Demons start their season on November 14th against Chicago State. When they do, they’ll do so with low expectations from coaches around the Big East. The Blue Demons were picked to finish […]
Sox games Friday, Saturday and Sunday against the Yankees at U.S. Cellular Field will be big games on the field. The Sox will be trying to catch, or at least keep pace with, the Minnesota […]
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!