The fire was on the 7th floor of a 27-story high rise at 230 E. Ontario St., according to the Fire Department.
A west suburban Melrose Park man is facing attempted murder charges for allegedly running down two men on purpose Sunday after a fight erupted in a River North nightclub.
At least five people were killed, and 23 others were wounded, by gunfire and other violence in Chicago this past weekend.
A man who had recently moved to Chicago from Puerto Rico was stabbed to death in a fight with a group of people in the River North area early Saturday.
A man was in critical condition after being shot and wounded in a gang-related road rage incident right off the tony Magnificent Mile.
A dozen protesters were arrested Wednesday evening, during a protest march through downtown Chicago, as part of a show of solidarity with a student strike in Quebec.
It seems that more people like Italian cuisine, but more French restaurants – including one in Chicago – got the nod as the best in the USA in the latest survey by Zagat.
Motorists trying to get to the Kennedy Expressway from the Magnificent Mile will face some frustration this month, as a resurfacing project narrows Ontario Street to two lanes.
It was a bumpy ride for those onboard a Chicago Transit Authority bus overnight, as it hit a pedestrian in the Streeterville neighborhood.
Police are looking for a man who robbed and punched a Northwestern University staff member early Tuesday in the Streeterville neighborhood.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!