After more than a decade of denying that he doped to win the Tour de France seven times, Armstrong was scheduled to sit down Monday for what has been trumpeted as a “no-holds barred,”
Long gone from her renowned talk show in Chicago now, Oprah Winfrey talked Monday about the challenge of building her own TV network in an exclusive interview on CBS This Morning.
Restaurateurs in the trendy Near West Side neighborhood that is home to Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo studios say they are struggling.
Five days before leaving office, then-Mayor Richard M. Daley gave Oprah Winfrey a gift the departing talk show diva called “better than an Oscar or an Emmy.”
As Oprah pulls up stakes in Chicago, some of the companies that saw their profits go up because of Oprah are still basking in the limelight.
Derrick Rose and the Bulls are red hot, but they’re handing over the United Center tonight to a soon-to-depart Chicago superstar by the name of Oprah Winfrey.
It was good to see the Bulls play up to their potential and not down to their competition last night. Their 93-73 win over the Hawks was domination from start ’til finish.
The opening game of a potential prime-time matchup between the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals could get bumped a day due to another “prime-time” event.
Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterback Michael Vick is set to be a guest on the Chicago-based “Oprah Winfrey Show.”
Oprah Winfrey wraps up taping of her show in Chicago in May. What happens to all of the Harpo Productions studio space and hundreds of workers remains up in the air.
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!