The Cook County Board has approved imposing fines of up to $2,000 on gun owners who fail to inform police if a gun is stolen, lost, or transferred to someone else.
2 Investigator Pam Zekman tagged along with a city investigator to see how Chicagoans can get ripped off from tax preparers.
Property owners will be responsible for getting rid of bed bugs if an ordinance being proposed by thee Chicago alderman becomes law.
Chicago Ald. Ed Burke has proposed a citywide ban of energy drinks, citing potential health risks with the highly caffeinated beverages.
The mayor said, at the next City Council meeting on Jan. 17, he’ll introduce a new gun control ordinance, though he wouldn’t provide details.
An attorney for two local food truck owners said they plan to file a lawsuit against the city of Chicago, arguing a new food truck ordinance unfairly restricts where they may operate.
The City Council’s Rules and Ethics Committee has recommended approval of an expansion of the city’s Whistleblower Ordinance, to protect people and businesses who report government corruption.
Illegal rooming houses have become a hot topic in Evanston, as residents fight an ordinance that would eliminate the “illegal” aspect.
The Chicago City Council has given final approval to an ordinance protecting undocumented immigrants from being unfairly detained or deported.
Residents of a Mundelein are at odds over the birds and the bees – in the literal sense, that is.
The city has long prohibited mobile restaurateurs from preparing food in trucks, requiring fare to be made in commercial kitchens.
Anyone under the age of 18 will soon be banned from getting into tanning beds at Chicago tanning salons.
Cook County commissioners won’t be able to charge their bar tab to taxpayers as of June 1, under a local law approved Tuesday.
Now that his controversial construction financing plans have passed the City Council, Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he does not mind if the aldermen make a couple more changes.
Significantly more Chicagoans are arming themselves with guns.
A fire this month that killed a woman in a Lake Shore Drive high-rise is drawing renewed attention to the question of the safety of such buildings.
Police also waited for the owners to return to their vehicles, to make sure the placards actually belonged to them.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel plans to have a tight rein on protesters when Chicago hosts two major international summits next spring.
Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno (1st) has introduced his ordinance calling for a ban on plastic bags at large retailers in the city.
Cook County Commissioners shot down a proposal some members of the County Board say was a move toward transparency in the budget process.
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!