A group of Chicago aldermen and a Cook County commissioner said Thursday that they want to lessen the penalty for people arrested with small amounts of marijuana.
The Emanuel Administration is proposing changes in its ordinance requiring banks to clean up vacant, foreclosed properties.
It seems parents are in favor of an idea that will be proposed this week in the City Council, to make it safer for children to walk to their neighborhood schools.
A Vietnam veteran says he’s in a battle he never thought he’d have to fight: a battle to make a living in the city where he lives. In the past, he’s done that selling hot dogs, but a new ordinance in Hammond, Ind., is making that impossible.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday threw his support behind a long-stalled measure that would force banks and other lenders to maintain the properties on which they foreclose.
Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) has begun a new effort to do away with the city’s employee head tax, which affects business owners.
A man who demonstrated outside Chicago’s Church of Scientology last year is pleased that the citation he received has been deemed unconstitutional.
The City of Evanston says nothing has changed, but apparently has decided not to step up enforcement of a law that limits unrelated roommates.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!