With Alex Rodriguez benched, the Yankees advanced to the AL championship series against the Detroit Tigers, starting Saturday night in the Bronx.
Just maybe the Baltimore Orioles’ remarkable run into October is not so improbable after all.
The Orioles squeezed out a 3-2 victory Monday night to even their AL division series at one game apiece.
Nate McLouth hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning, Lew Ford also connected and the Baltimore Orioles rallied to beat the White Sox 4-3 on Monday night, ending Chicago’s six-game winning streak.
Jim Rome, host of Rome on CBS Sports Network and The Jim Rome Show on the radio joined CBS Local Sports to give his take on the biggest topics in the major sports.
Mark Buehrle pitched eight innings to earn his 10th win, Alexei Ramirez homered in a four-run first inning, and the Chicago White Sox cruised past the Baltimore Orioles 6-3 Thursday night.
The Chicago Cubs have called up outfielder Lou Montanez from Triple-A Iowa, the team announced on Tuesday.
Mark Buehrle finally put the Sox back into the win column by recording his 150th career victory in a 6-2 win over the Orioles Monday night.
Paul Konerko homered twice and Mark Buehrle pitched 6 2-3 scoreless innings to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 6-2 win over the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night.
Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen’s return to the dugout after after a two-game suspension wasn’t able to add a spark to the slumping White Sox.
Nick Markakis hit a three-run double and Zach Britton pitched six strong innings to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 6-4 win over the struggling Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
Robert Andino homered and reliever Mike Gonzalez doused a no-out bases-loaded situation as the Orioles sent the reeling White Sox to their 14th loss in 17 games.
The White Sox fell to the Baltimore Orioles 10-4 before a hometown crowd Friday as manager Ozzie Guillen served the first game of a two-game suspension.
The Chicago White Sox are in the midst of team-wide slump, mainly the result of an ineffective offense.
There have been some pretty bad contracts in Chicago’s sports history. Alfonso Soriano and Cristobal Huet are examples of a few recent ones. But the worst contract in the history of baseball? Well that goes to Alex Rodriguez in Texas.
According to a former MLB general manager, the Orioles have made Paul Konerko a ‘significant’ contract offer.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!